Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OldEdScott and several others old RBR are migrating to www.bikefanclub.com. I've been lurking overthere and see it has better format than this new board. If you think this board is hard to navigate, let's join us on the other side, come on!

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
thanks but no thanks

I checked it out earlier today and for whatever reason prefer it here for now.
I may stop back in over there sometime though.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
c722061 said:
OldEdScott and several others old RBR are migrating to www.bikefanclub.com. I've been lurking overthere and see it has better format than this new board. If you think this board is hard to navigate, let's join us on the other side, come on!
oh great...yet ANOTHER BB to monitor now! Methinks Old Ed gave up too quickly. I'm sure we'll all get used to this.

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Please don't bail out just yet

Software changes are difficult enough without a user revolt. Most software has the ability to be extended to cover the functionality that is lacking. A new display/sort option should be an easy addition to this board for Gregg and the rest of the staff. Once the migration to this new board is complete, they should be able to easily code this extension.

If he can tell me what language the software is coded in, I can probably scrounge up a developer to write the code for them. We've got 20-30 around here and one of them should be able to handle it.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
c722061 said:
I've been over there for a couple of months because they had a LOOK forum. It's a VERY slow board. I just checked and there are 5 people viewing the General Discusion board. RBR has 246 as I type this. Thanks but no thanks....

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
c722061 said:
What a bunch of pansies. I thought OldEdScott had more balls than that!

I checked it out and it's basically the same format. The major differences seem to be color choices and control layout. I hate the new format too, but you can set it up in threaded or hybrid mode and come close to the way it used to be.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
still my favorite

Guess I'm an oddball, but I like the new format. Hybrid view gives me everything I need. Currently I off and on monitor bikefanclub, but I think its old incarnation (calfee/serotta/strong/spectrum) was destroyed by some "personality conflicts" and its new incarnation is dull. This one is still the best, although I do like the "Buying" and "Maintenance" forums on bicycling.com.

Change is tough, some can't hack it.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Let's pull the plug

Dave Hickey said:
I agree. We'd all be riding horses instead of bicycles of people didn't change :D
Biggest problem I have is having to jump between new and old forums here and now some other conch republic forum because I like to keep up on everything. I don't mind the new forum and can't hardly expect to master it in one day. Like some of the new features though like isolating new posts without having to look at all the forums, the email notification, and the better editing ability. I say shut down the old forums and let these take over. That will force people to either come here or jump ship...and then I can monitor just this one forum and be done with it! Some people don't like change, but it's the people that make this board good. I rarely visit some of my old haunts like Cyclingforum or Velonews anymore because the discourse here is so good. Would be a shame to see people leave just because they aren't used to a new interface. And I agree with greg...it just isn't cool to post a revolt on this board and point people to a competitor. Do it via email if you must, but don't use this resource to drive people away.

·
Registered
344 Posts
No popups there, nice viewing, I'm giving it a shot.

First view, I liked it. I go by my instincts. You're all nice, but like all the defends of the new board say, change is good. I'm letting the door hit me in the azz cause it gives me a tingly feeling.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,425 Posts
Hybrid format is the way to go

I can learn to live with the Hybrid format. One thing that would help would be if the entire Title would show in that screen.
If a computer semi-Illiterate like myself can learn how to throw the system around, anyone can. By the way, something that would help much, would be "Spell-Check"

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
gotcha with the spell check.

your last word is spelled wrong, should have spelled it TOO.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
title & spell check

yo grump

post this also on the site suggestions board. everything helps.

thanks.

j

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,425 Posts
D'oh..............damnit

SPINDAWG said:
your last word is spelled wrong, should have spelled it TOO.
Yes, spell-check !!!!!!!!!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
agree, but leaving the "jump ship" post, if i may

because it's only fair.

go, come back, don't surf at all, do what you will. doesn't bother me.

except Spoiler, who i'll miss.

and where are you Spirito?

and have i heard from African this week? where are you with the podium chicks?

this is all expected. but i never anticiapted this amount of dissent. what a bunch of p**sies. that last word was "moderated".

all the time, minutes, seconds, effort,. bandwidth, bytes, spent posting here. oldedscott...the characters spent in noncycling, wasting breath waxing political...and now to drive a "migration"? give me a f***king break. where's the loyalty? nice job, fellas.

of course they're all welcome back when realization sets in. but there will always be a bit of favoritsim, i'm sure.

we all show our true colors, don't we? no surprises here.

step up and quit the mackin'. otherwise shut the f***k up.

jeff

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
J.F. Christ

c722061 said:
Why does everything have to be such a goddamn nosebleed around here? I'm sticking around until things get back to normal or die on this board. I'll be very happy if things get back to normal. I like the people I've "met" here over the past 3 1/2 years. I initially posted on VeloNews, Cyclingforum, and RBR and found RBR to be the most friendly and fun board around. If this place dies, I'll be done with cycling board and will stick with the beer site where people are generally too happy to get bent about this kind of stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts