Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried a pair of Specialized Road Comp shoes and one was larger than the other even though they were marked the same size. The guy at the LBS said, one of my feet was larger than the other...to which I replied...no...these shoes aren't the same size. He fetched another pair and that fixed the problem. You could just get lucky...perhaps; it seems there are variations out there. Depends on the extent of variation needed.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
You can use an insole insert e.g. Spenco or Dr. Scholls to reduce the size of the too large shoe. You can also get pads to insert in the heel of the shoe to eliminate slop. Try here: www.footsmart.com, or your friendly local podiatrist should be able to fix you up with some pads for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the same problem if I understand you right; right foot is dead on 9.5, left is dead on 9.0; I'm using sidi shoes in a size 44, which is a tad larger than an American 9.5; I've got the Sole inserts that you heat up then ride on to get a "custom" fit; these combined with jamming the left shoe all the forward over the cleat pretty well has my ball of my foot over the axel; I used to get a fair amount of pain behind the pinky toe like it was not supported until I did this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.