Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No serial number – We’ll start with this 198x frame that somehow escaped the factory before completion. You can see that the lug areas are still a little rough and that the seat tube/collar has not been split. I don’t know its history.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
570K3352 – A 1983 Paramount with DA bits (Biopace anyone?). My only built frame in this collection and seldom ridden. I hate DT shifters.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
560BWC88002 – The 79th 50th Snniversary Special. Turquoise – you can’t get much more ‘80s’ than this.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
570CWJ88015 – The 565th. Identical except for the serial number. I just cannot bring myself to build these beauties.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M06073 – My most recent acquisition. A 2006 953 Waterford with a chrome steel fork. I’m putting together a collection of non-plastic Campy bits. We’ll see.

TF

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PinarelloFan said:
Those are amazing . It's sad they are not built and being enjoyed . A true waste . Very Very Very SAD !!!!!!!
No reason to build a virgin 50th Special. Same bike as the non-Special except for the gold and decals. Once built...- TF

· Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
No reason to build a virgin 50th Special. Same bike as the non-Special except for the gold and decals. Once built...- TF
Maybe, but there's no reason to not build it. They are not appreciating in value much if at all and you may as well enjoy it. A fun bike that shows off how pretty an old bike can be!

Build! Build! Build! Build!

BTW, nice collection of half bikes ;-)

· Banned
270 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
Hoarding is a sickness . Frames w/ no intention of building is a shame . You don't deserve them .. Please sell them ASAP . They won't fit in the box w/ you :thumbsup:

Collect Baseball Cards or somthing

· Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
I may very well still have one of them Paramount computers. It prolly lives in a box in Phx in my storage unit! IIRC, it was a nifty little unit.

M

· Registered
269 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
H7224 – And here is where I put the fork. A beautiful chrome frame that someday I’ll build for my wife.
That's a nice looking P-13 Paramount. The following are the 4 Paramount models of the
1970's: P-13 = Road racing 10spd variant
P-10 = Touring 10spd variant
P-15 = Touring 15spd variant
P-14 = Track racing variant
This one you have pictured is a P-13, ( no eyelets on the dropouts & less fork rake.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.