Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· What the Hell is going on
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the 10th stage of the Tour, Direct TV decided to change my TV package plan and drop the Vs and Speed channel. Direct TV is the SUX.

· Registered
111 Posts
JaeP said:
After the 10th stage of the Tour, Direct TV decided to change my TV package plan and drop the Vs and Speed channel. Direct TV is the SUX.
Wow. That's aweful right in the middle of things. Since you can't watch on TV anymore. here is a link to a website for free online streaming of the tour.

http://www.cyclingfans.com

I've watched the whole tour though cyclingfans.com. I hope that helps.

Patti

G

·
Yeah, I just signed up and VS was listed on the web page for the package I bought, but it isn't available when I punch in the channel - oh, there are no limits to the number of nasty words I'd like to use right now :mad:

5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'Hanx

Patti said:
Wow. That's aweful right in the middle of things. Since you can't watch on TV anymore. here is a link to a website for free online streaming of the tour.

http://www.cyclingfans.com

I've watched the whole tour though cyclingfans.com. I hope that helps.

Patti
Thank you, Patti.

5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George Carlin

AJL said:
Yeah, I just signed up and VS was listed on the web page for the package I bought, but it isn't available when I punch in the channel - oh, there are no limits to the number of nasty words I'd like to use right now :mad:
When I called they basically said they were sorry and the best they could do was refund a portion of my bill.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
I was actually getting ready to make the switch (need Vs for my hckey too), thanks big time for the info. Just switch to Time Warner Cable where I am, youll come for the lack of HD channels, youll stay for the top-notch customer service!

· Registered
417 Posts
Weird, I have the basic package and it's still on there? What package do you need to get to have vs?

· Growing Older, Not Up
1,321 Posts
Directv sucks @$$ in so many ways. Good luck when you cancel, they have a nasty history of throwing on "cancellation" fees and then train their phone monkeys to say no, no, no...

I have AT&T U-Verse for about six months and have been very happy...

· Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Yeah

mtbykr said:
Weird, I have the basic package and it's still on there? What package do you need to get to have vs?

I have directTv and I still have VS....it's channel 603.

And at 7pm, the primetime version is also available on the HD channel 604...

Don't know why you're not getting it??

· Registered
8,000 Posts
crumjack said:
Directv sucks @$$ in so many ways. Good luck when you cancel, they have a nasty history of throwing on "cancellation" fees and then train their phone monkeys to say no, no, no...

I have AT&T U-Verse for about six months and have been very happy...
Well D* CS has gone downhill for a while now. But no one can offer the amount of HD channels they do. Plus I like their DVR. Comcrap sucks here, as well as there HD, DVR and service. Plus I am not paying $400 for a TIvo.
ATT in General is the Anti-Christ :mad: and I wish they did not buy out Bellsouth. U-Verse sucks as from what I hear and saw as well as info form my sister who works for them and has been testing it down here. It will barely be availale in our market :rolleyes:.

G

·
JaeP said:
When I called they basically said they were sorry and the best they could do was refund a portion of my bill.
Thanks - I may see if they can upgrade me to the next level for 5$.

For those who've asked, I have the 'Choice Package' and live in New Hampshire.

BTW, has anyone else noticed lower color saturation w/ DirectTV compared to cable (Comcast in my case)?

· Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Hmmm

AJL said:
Thanks - I may see if they can upgrade me to the next level for 5$.

For those who've asked, I have the 'Choice Package' and live in New Hampshire.

BTW, has anyone else noticed lower color saturation w/ DirectTV compared to cable (Comcast in my case)?

I think I have the "Choice Plus" package with HD......I dunno why you guys can't see it. I'm watching it on HDTV on channel 604 as we speak...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.