Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of 4 scammers who tried to cheat me out of money when I posted my bike for sale, ad #58073.

Matt [email protected]
Billy [email protected]
Tolly [email protected]
Grice [email protected]

These are dirty dog scammers and you should not do business with them. They use the Western Union/have their own shipper offer, and it's completely bogus, do not use them.

Please pay attention to who shows interest in a bike you're trying to sell, if any of these names appear, consider yourself forewarned. Thanks for reading this, Ron.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Well, Ron, if you'll notice our warnings at the top of the page, this has been going on for several years now, and these scams have robbed thousands of people out of their money. Posting 4 e maill addys won't do much, because these scammers invent dozens of new names each day, almost always on these "ask no questions" servers such as Yahoo, hotmail, etc. Chances are they make a few requests for money on an e maill address, then abandon it the next day.

FWIW, most of these scammers are based in Africa, where they are beyond our laws. The spend all day sending out responses, and even 1 or 2 suckers a week will provide them with a better income than they could ever make legally at home. From what I've read, the fraud industry in Nigeria is second only to oil sales.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts