Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, I'm doing the MS150 this weekend. This will be my first of what I hope to be many. The team I joined promised a jersey for this event. Turns out that the organizer was not organized, and therefore I don't get a Jersey to commemorate the event :cryin:
I am, however, getting 2 jerseys from the previous 2 years to wear so I fit in with the team. Just great... people are going to be thinking I did this before when I didn't.
It's the 25th anniversary, and my first... I want my jersey, dammit!!! I think I'll wear the lounge jersey on day 2 instead of the team jersey.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Peanya said:
As you know, I'm doing the MS150 this weekend. This will be my first of what I hope to be many. The team I joined promised a jersey for this event. Turns out that the organizer was not organized, and therefore I don't get a Jersey to commemorate the event :cryin:
I am, however, getting 2 jerseys from the previous 2 years to wear so I fit in with the team. Just great... people are going to be thinking I did this before when I didn't.
It's the 25th anniversary, and my first... I want my jersey, dammit!!! I think I'll wear the lounge jersey on day 2 instead of the team jersey.

You can use this to your advantage to psych people out. They'll be thinking, "ohmygawshhe'sdonethisbefore." You can grin as you go by and say, "Think this climb is tough, cupcake? Just wait till you see the next one." Then laugh and toss your nose up in the air.

See? Lemonade. :D

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
You can use this to your advantage to psych people out. They'll be thinking, "ohmygawshhe'sdonethisbefore." You can grin as you go by and say, "Think this climb is tough, cupcake? Just wait till you see the next one." Then laugh and toss your nose up in the air.

See? Lemonade. :D
+1 don't let it get you down.......Enjoy the ride as I'm sure you will.....and if someone asks you where your team jersey is tell them you haven't earned it yet...You will wear it proudly after you complete the ride.....

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Yeah... Day 2 is always dealers choice.

There's a bit of me that wants to say 'if yer in it for the shirt...', but I know what you mean.

Cause frankly, in the first few I did, I was in it for the jersey. And while it was for a different reason, I didn't make the 'team' jersey the first year, and got an old version.

But you know what? The way you feel about wearing last year's jersey is pretty much how you'd feel about wearing this year's, a couple of weeks from now. A little different, but not much.

What you want the jersey to commemorate will always be with you, jersey or none.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
izzat Houston-Austin?

day 2 is the beeches. be sure to take the Buescher - Bastrop SP loop. Killer hills but one of the funnest rides in TX.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you mean the bechtel challenge? Since I live in Houston, hills are quite nonexistant. I think I'll play it by ear and see how I feel on day 2. The current weather report says rain and wind, but it's still too early to tell. The century I did a week ago sure beat me up. 20MPH winds for nearly 50 miles wasn't my idea of a good time. I couldn't have done 80 the next day.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
+1 don't let it get you down.......Enjoy the ride as I'm sure you will.....and if someone asks you where your team jersey is tell them you haven't earned it yet...You will wear it proudly after you complete the ride.....
Never occurred to me that this isn't the case everywhere, but around here it's extremely bad form to wear the jersey or T-shirt until you've completed the event. I mean, people do it, but they're not our sort of people....

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
I don't think Peanya is talking about an event jersey, but a team jersey. It's very common for MS150 teams to have jerseys created to wear on the ride.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Don't worry about the jersey. I got one last year (Halliburton Team) and I got one this year (Centerpoint Team) and I won't wear either of them again. I will wear the Centerpoint Jersey on day 1 and my Speedracer "Jam the Pedal" on day 2. The park on day 2 is fun, but tough. Saw a couple guys puking last year and a couple girls pulled off crying. Just don't coast down thinking it is going to get you up the next one....it's like roller coaster in the park...crank hard down and you get up about 75% of the next one without too much effort. Right now rainy with tailwind on Saturday and sunny with headwind on Sunday. I think I would prefer the headwind on Saturday and enjoy Sunday more. Oh well, it is what it is...have fun and forget about the jersey....I'll send you mine after the ride if you want...hahahaha..

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure hope the weatherman is wrong. I want partly cloudy to sunny with no wind or a tailwind. Wishful thinking, I know! I'm still going to try my best. Considering I've only got about 1400 miles in from May til now, it's not much. But with work and family, it's what I could do!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
t-shirts and jerseys do not make a bike ride.

isn't this a charity fundraiser?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts