Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking apart a 1978 Motobecane road bike and I am afraid when I finish, I won't remember how to put everything back where it goes. Are you any books out there that lead you through step by step how to disassemble and reassemble a road bike? If you live in ohio and have a second to talk over the phone please let me know. Thanks.

Beau

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
links0311 said:
I am taking apart a 1978 Motobecane road bike and I am afraid when I finish, I won't remember how to put everything back where it goes. Are you any books out there that lead you through step by step how to disassemble and reassemble a road bike? If you live in ohio and have a second to talk over the phone please let me know. Thanks.

Beau
Get Zinn's book on road bike maintenance, called, er, Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance. It's got everything you need to know, written in a clear, easy to understand fashion.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
links0311 said:
II am afraid when I finish, I won't remember how to put everything back where it goes.
You'll be fine. The things to concern yourself with are things like the orientation of headset bearings. The smart thing to do is to arrange them on your workbench in the exact order they were in when you took them off of the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts