Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cat 3 in TT, Cat 6 in Rd.
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing something a while ago on these forums that allowed you to convert a standard rear wheel into a disc (not disc brake, but a full on disk like you'd see in a TT) wheel, you had to bolt it on or something under the cassette. I tried using the search function and all, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
He's referring to the Mavic Open Pro rim, which is usually the go-to rim for solid, but not exotic, handbuilt wheels. You will see posts from folks raving about their Dura-Ace/OP wheels and how they wouldn't trade them for all the Ksyriums in France.

In the spirit of disclosure, I love my Record/OP's.

·
Cat 3 in TT, Cat 6 in Rd.
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Eddie, good to know. I currently own some Ksyrium SL's and Khamsins, but my Khamsins will be migrating over to my Bianchi for some 'crossing in the off-season.

I'm thinking I might have to invest in a set of these OP's... nice to hear another Campy rider giving their recommendation.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
no problemo, funny, i'm campy as well...

the Ksyrium is in the drop down list so u are golden !... most covers work best on multispoke low profile box sections, hence the OP recommendation, but Ks are pretty similar to that so it should all be good... might like to ask wheelbuilder.com about that.

i have ventos, and damn, it's a LOT of wheel for the (very little) money. so campy did a good job on the factory wheelset there! not my first choice tho...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.