Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the win of the DC team this week in Flanders (3 days of La Panne in Belgium) ? Do you think Big George is in shape enough for .....?

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
de Panne...

elaugier said:
What do you guys think of the win of the DC team this week in Flanders (3 days of La Panne in Belgium) ? Do you think Big George is in shape enough for .....?
de Panne is actually in the Walloonian sector of Belgium, not Flanders, there is a distinct difference, where Walloonian is French, and Flanders is well, Flemish. It's like 2 countries in one, and they don't like each other very much. Tom Boonen, Flandarian. Phillippe Gilbert, Walloonian.

Disco showed themselves well in the Tour of Flanders, or the Ronde Van Vlanderaan this past weekend. They got caught out with their pants down in Ghent Wvelgham (sp??), but they should show well again in PR, if not possibly get a win. Hincapie looked good. Hoste looked good. Their support riders are also looking strong.

·
Registered
170 Posts
De Panne is actually in North West Belgium, in West Flanders. The Walloon region is predominantly to the south west, south of Brussels including Mons and Charleroi and down towards the Ardennes and certainly nowhere near DePanne which is on the North Sea coast.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
My bad...

Monty Dog said:
De Panne is actually in North West Belgium, in West Flanders. The Walloon region is predominantly to the south west, south of Brussels including Mons and Charleroi and down towards the Ardennes and certainly nowhere near DePanne which is on the North Sea coast.
My bad. I need to brush up on my geography some more methinks.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
magnolialover, the only way to solve this glaring ignorance is a month long intensive study of the region. Of course there is no way you could do this anywhere but in the lowlands...

good luck, and god speed.

some internet research beforehand is needed.

If you think Hoegaarden is a place to meet a chick, well, you're half right...

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
caught with their pants down at G-W

last I checked George 'out for a training ride for P-R' coasted across the line in 5th looking fresh as a daisy whilst everyone around him is wagging tongues. Better go check the G-W finish pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts