Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Take action

I urge you all to click on the link provided by Marco E to lodge a comment on Team Rabobank's web site concerning Theo Bos's take down of Daryl Impey. What a cheesy, low class, punkish move and cowardly act.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marcos_E said:
It was Theo Bos who did that. Apparently no action is being taken against him.

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/309 < - Article confirming it was Bos and UCI's inaction.

http://www.rabobank.com/content/about_us/sponsoring/contact.jsp < - Rabobank's Contact

I for one am disgusted and shocked. I honestly expected better of Theo. I also thought the UCI would have done SOMETHING about the matter.:mad:

Thanks for the link to Rabobank. I would expect that if I worked at Rabobank and injured a co-worker this badly I would be fired and likely have criminal charges brought against me. I can't see what happened in the video before Bos acted, but at a minimum Rabobank should be conducting a full investigation ASAP

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
den bakker said:
Theo, have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?
(that was Theo not teo) :)

Thankfully no!

While sometimes an A-hole I try to stop short of ripping guys off their bike...

If Bos did do it and goes unpunished I would expect the peloton would hold some court of their own the next time he lines up...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
He should be more that suspended.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I've gone back and rewatched that several times. I can't believe the UCI took no action. Theo Bos was no where near the barrier when he grabbed him and yanked him down.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I am stunned. What a cretin.

Reminds me of the Speed Racer cartoons with the bad guys (Snake Oiler, the Car Acrobatic Team, Gang of Assassins) doing crazy, illegal crap against the other car racers, and of course the bad guys get away with it. Also reminds me of Team Cinzano in Breaking Away, and the bad guys get away with it too.

But this is real!

·
Registered
594 Posts
that is just sickening - I found a slow motion high quality video and tried to see if there was any reason for it that was being missed and I sure can't see one. I realize without being in the peloton right there that we can miss things, but wow, that sure looks deliberate to me. At those speeds, throwing into metal guard rails, one could contend that that was attempted murder.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.