Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to be able to find a way to view all the threads in a category AND view the subject lines of all the Replys at the same time. The only way I can see the reply subject lines is to click on the display and select either threaded or hybrid display. My goal is to view multiple threads with the Reply subject lines visible.

Possible?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Hi Bryan,

I'm not 100% sure I follow you, but here it goes.

Use of subject lines is almost passe given the new forum layout. But if it's what you are used to (and I'm sure it is), you can use the "Hybrid" mode and I think it will help. This will give you a window at the top with all the subject lines listed, and all the threads will be viewable below.

In the new system, if you don not include a subject line (now called "Title"), the board will automatically grab the first 7 or so words from the body of your post, and use that as the subject.

Hope this helps.

-g

B2 said:
I don't seem to be able to find a way to view all the threads in a category AND view the subject lines of all the Replys at the same time. The only way I can see the reply subject lines is to click on the display and select either threaded or hybrid display. My goal is to view multiple threads with the Reply subject lines visible.

Possible?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I did a very good job of explaining

gregg said:
Hi Bryan,

I'm not 100% sure I follow you, but here it goes.

Use of subject lines is almost passe given the new forum layout. But if it's what you are used to (and I'm sure it is), you can use the "Hybrid" mode and I think it will help. This will give you a window at the top with all the subject lines listed, and all the threads will be viewable below.

In the new system, if you don not include a subject line (now called "Title"), the board will automatically grab the first 7 or so words from the body of your post, and use that as the subject.

Hope this helps.

-g
After I read my post again I realized that I did a pretty lousy job of explaning what I was after.

Yes I understand that "Threaded" and "Hybrid" views will display the subject lines and the authors for a given thread. What I would like to display is ALL of the threads within a given category (say General Discussion) along with the subject lines and authors for the ALL of the Replies to ALL of the threads.

So far all I've been able to do is display all of the threads without any replies visible. The replies do not become visible until I click on an individual thread. In which case, no other threads are visible.

Basically I can decide if I want to click on a thread much more easily if I am able to get an idea of what the replies are about (subject line) and who authored(sp?) them.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Ah...now I get it.

The answer is....no. Unfortunately, there is NOT a way to view from the main forum index page, who has replied to what thread, without opening the thread.

This is the single biggest difference, and probably the single biggest complaint that we have received about the new forums. It is not as quick to glance thru the threads and see who posted.

This is just the way the new layout is. Conversation will flow differently from the old boards.

-g

B2 said:
After I read my post again I realized that I did a pretty lousy job of explaning what I was after.

Yes I understand that "Threaded" and "Hybrid" views will display the subject lines and the authors for a given thread. What I would like to display is ALL of the threads within a given category (say General Discussion) along with the subject lines and authors for the ALL of the Replies to ALL of the threads.

So far all I've been able to do is display all of the threads without any replies visible. The replies do not become visible until I click on an individual thread. In which case, no other threads are visible.

Basically I can decide if I want to click on a thread much more easily if I am able to get an idea of what the replies are about (subject line) and who authored(sp?) them.

Thanks,
Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts