Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I am sitting here in my office and it's like 65 degrees and crystal clear outside. It's like I live on a tropical island or something. And I am trapped behind this desk. All I can think about is getting out to ride. Lunchtime cannot get here soon enough. I need a cycling fix so that I can focus on work the rest of the day. I am not able to get anything done when I'm this dang disctracted and unfocused!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm sitting here and it looks like early evening outside. It's dark and wet and seems like it's been raining non-stop since the first of the year.
I'm sick of riding the trainer and can't wait for some sunshine.....
And this is California!!!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
ashpelham said:
Man, I am sitting here in my office and it's like 65 degrees and crystal clear outside. It's like I live on a tropical island or something. And I am trapped behind this desk. All I can think about is getting out to ride. Lunchtime cannot get here soon enough. I need a cycling fix so that I can focus on work the rest of the day. I am not able to get anything done when I'm this dang disctracted and unfocused!
Went for my second ride of the new spring yesterday. it's in the 80's (san antonio) rumbling of rain, starts to sprinkle, i up the pace. ran over some glass blew out both tubes, sliced the tires (one season of use on them) had put trash on the inside to keep the new tubes in place, limbed home, ruined my average speed. it's sunny today already in the 70's and i'm thinking of riding this afternoon. yeap it's too nice outside to work.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ride Report!

I can totally vouch for the beauty of the new spring and the great outdoors! Left the office at 11:15 and rode till 12:45! As short as that was, the weather is exactly the way it looks from the window! Man, I feel 1000% better now, and worked up a little sweat. My weight is higher than normal, but not much, and my fitness is excellent. I got two more weeks of long hours of working before the big tax deadline, and then I have some freedom again.

Let's all crack open a cold one to celebrate!!!!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
ashpelham said:
Let's all crack open a cold one to celebrate!!!!
It's too cold and wet. Tell me, what does the sun look like?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I remember the sun vaguely....I believe it was September when we last saw it.....
My family lives in Missouri and can't understand why I pay the real estate prices I do ....I used to tell them the weather....

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
I work the night shift and commute to work everyday 14 miles. Last night about 11 I slipped on my back pack wearing shorts, t-shirt, and my diadoras, and headed out in the cool night air. Temps were in the low 70's with a gentle 5 mph westerly breeze while I got up to my usual 16 mph pace, illuminated by my home built 20 watt halogen light. I ride 300 miles a month just commuting, and is typical of the Florida nights I enjoy here in the beautiful Cypress Gardens area.

just thought you'd like to know that.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
croswell1 said:
I work the night shift and commute to work everyday 14 miles. Last night about 11 I slipped on my back pack wearing shorts, t-shirt, and my diadoras, and headed out in the cool night air. Temps were in the low 70's with a gentle 5 mph westerly breeze while I got up to my usual 16 mph pace, illuminated by my home built 20 watt halogen light. I ride 300 miles a month just commuting, and is typical of the Florida nights I enjoy here in the beautiful Cypress Gardens area.

just thought you'd like to know that.

****working on a voodoo doll****

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
Been ridin all winter and now faced with yard and paint up fixup work. Cut mama's grass and fertilized our yard today. Tomorrow ain't gonna be like that!

·
Registered
233 Posts
As of today I got about 4 inches of snow in Northfield, VT. My month long streak of riding outdoors is broken. Last week it was about 50-60 every day. Now its back in the 30's... I hope it doesnt rain this weekend, I'm racing the Beanpot Classic (collegiate)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts