Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a review or have any experience with the sub compact model? I can find plenty of info the the higher end models but nothing on the bottom model. the only difference I can see is the brakes and the crank.

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats because your looking at the AU version of their site. The US market has the A1 Sub compact ($850) as their cheapest model.

·
Registered
760 Posts
So it is, thought I'd actually got to the US site.
different bikes for different markets makes it very hard to research, found the same when I was looking at a Diverge myself over the last few weeks, hard to know what's what when reading reviews.

·
Crank Addict
1,943 Posts
Does anyone have a review or have any experience with the sub compact model? I can find plenty of info the the higher end models but nothing on the bottom model. the only difference I can see is the brakes and the crank.
You're correct... the frame is the same as the standard A1, it just uses sub-compact gearing. If you're climbing big, big hills or you're not quite that strong, this may be a good choice.... but if not, the non sub-compact model is probably better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.