Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone tried the DMT Flash shoes? I have Sidi's right now but they are a little tight in the toe box.
Greg

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Guy on our team has some, well some DMT's. I don't know what model or where he bought them. He thinks they are the most comfy shoe he has owned and are plenty stiff.
I wish I could try some on before buying but I have never seen them in stores. I like the look of the MTB shoe too but cannot find any reviews and have no idea how stiff they are. (mtb that is)

http://www.gottaridebikes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CLOSEOUT00033

if your foot is small and you don't mind blue.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
I had a pair of DMT Flash...plenty stiff, pretty comfy (material was a little warm in the summer tho). Biggest problem I had was the tongue clasp wouldn't ratchet all the way down. Maybe it was my foot or the sizing (shoe fit fine) but I needed a few more clicks on the tongue to get it snug and they weren't available. Sold them for some Ergo 2's and I'm much happier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chuckice said:
I had a pair of DMT Flash...plenty stiff, pretty comfy (material was a little warm in the summer tho). Biggest problem I had was the tongue clasp wouldn't ratchet all the way down. Maybe it was my foot or the sizing (shoe fit fine) but I needed a few more clicks on the tongue to get it snug and they weren't available. Sold them for some Ergo 2's and I'm much happier.
Do the DMT's give you more toe box room than your Ergo 2's?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Dmt

hawkhero said:
Hi, Has anyone tried the DMT Flash shoes? I have Sidi's right now but they are a little tight in the toe box.
Greg
I have not tried the Flash but I do have a pair of the DMT Ultimax and I think they are a bit more roomy overall including the toe box. Length sizing seems quite similar though

·
Banned
976 Posts
I see. . .

hawkhero said:
Greg
Then you will love the new Flashes. I used to use DMTs back about 4 years ago, and I bought a new pair last summer (size 43) and found they widened the crap out of the to box so it didn't fit. Went back to Sidi 43.5.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
DMT shoes run narrow'ish in the toe box like SIDI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are wider than the standard Sidis in the toe box.
I used to ride in the DMT Ultimax and also have a pair of Nike Poggios (made by DMT) and both are really comfy in the forefoot area while snug around the heel.

All shoes brands and models vary and fit is very individual.
However, I just got my new Shimano thermo formed MTB shoes and they now fit like slippers. If you have $300 to blow on shoes get the Shimano R-310's

My 2 cents

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Dmt Flash's are much wider than sidis in he toe box and wider than the ultimax for that matter too. they fit fine and thats with an orthotic in addition to the insole

1 - 10 of 10 Posts