Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, those Italians are funny. I was going to order a pair of the DMT Mag Force shoes, and I was told (and confirmed by Gitabike) that there was some issue with the magnesium sole bolt diameter, and hence their top of the line shoe is not used with the black cleat that probably %80 of the people I see use for a pedal.:rolleyes:

· Registered
8,000 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
Man, those Italians are funny. I was going to order a pair of the DMT Mag Force shoes, and I was told (and confirmed by Gitabike) that there was some issue with the magnesium sole bolt diameter, and hence their top of the line shoe is not used with the black cleat that probably %80 of the people I see use for a pedal.:rolleyes:
Huh? I had them for a while and shimano and look cleat bolrs worked fine. Do LOOK Black cleats use different bolts?

· Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's odd. .

DIRT BOY said:
Huh? I had them for a while and shimano and look cleat bolrs worked fine. Do LOOK Black cleats use different bolts?
I talked to a rep at Gitabike, and he said something about the bolt diameter being different. I didn't push to see what exactly he meant like is it a M8 for Time and M6 is what it's drilled for. Sucks though I wanted a pair. They are costing themselves a crap load of sales, as they're many, many people riding Time RXS/RXE pedals.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
I talked to a rep at Gitabike, and he said something about the bolt diameter being different. I didn't push to see what exactly he meant like is it a M8 for Time and M6 is what it's drilled for. Sucks though I wanted a pair. They are costing themselves a crap load of sales, as they're many, many people riding Time RXS/RXE pedals.
Well there a TON more on Shimano/Look. Maybe the Time cleats casn use smaller diam bolts? I think Time is the one who needs to change. Funny but I NEVER heard of any cleat bolt not fitting any shoe.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,356 Posts
Ya got my, but IME...

DIRT BOY said:
Well there a TON more on Shimano/Look. Maybe the Time cleats casn use smaller diam bolts? I think Time is the one who needs to change. Funny but I NEVER heard of any cleat bolt not fitting any shoe.
My RXEs use the same pitch/diameter bolts that my Looks did.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.