Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bsilver
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a pair of DMT Ultimax Spirit Road Cycling Shoes. Any opinions on DMT shoes. I just can not justifiy Sidi for $$$$. Would I be better of spending $300 plus or $88.00 for the DMT's and in a couple of year perhaps look into replacing them. With another mid price shoe. I am 55 years old and ride 20-25 miles everyday except on Thursdays.

bsilver

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
DMTs are great for fit, at least for me. Shoe fit is like bike fit, get the one that feels best on your feet. The 1 problem I've had with DMT shoes is the sole coming unglued at the heel. I have 2 pairs but different models. Same problem with both pairs, I had to re-glue the soles with Gorilla glue. No such problem with my Northwaves.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I bought some Kyoma's (or Flash- I cannot rememeber) last year via eBay.
Did not fit me. the toe box is much wider than my Sidi's.
I really wanted them to fit.

They are in my basement.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been riding DMT Radial shoes for several months. Comfortable and stiff. No problems at all. The big advantage of DMT is that they are available with four-hole drillings for Speedplay cleats. This reduces weight and stack height, since you don't need to use an adapter. BIG benefit for Speedplay pedal users.

·
Registered
4 Posts
tantra said:
I've been riding DMT Radial shoes for several months. Comfortable and stiff. No problems at all. The big advantage of DMT is that they are available with four-hole drillings for Speedplay cleats. This reduces weight and stack height, since you don't need to use an adapter. BIG benefit for Speedplay pedal users.
Question for you. How did you find the fit for these shoes? Are they narrow or wide and do they fit true to their size. I ask because my feet are a little on the wide side and I have used two different sizes in the past depending on the shoe manufacturor.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I liked mine too. The main problem i had was on the bottom of the heel where the nonskid traction bits broke off easily. They were not replaceable, screw-on parts like on my SIDIs.

I liked the DMTs. They were comfortable for me... I like wide toe boxes like the DMTs, but I eventually migrated back to mega-width SIDIs when I needed to replace the DMTs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts