Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Look pedals with no model number on them. they came with my 2003 bianchi veloce. I just put them on the bike, bought Look cleats (package says KEO red). The play is really sloppy. sounds like a horse galloping ..clop clop clop with each pedal stroke. I tightend the (+) screw as far as it goes, no change. almost scarey how fast I can unclip.

From looking at the look website, I saw a pedal that resembles mine, pp206. it says to use a Delta red cleat. I emailed Look, but no response yet. Do I have the wrong cleat?

Next question. If so, should I upgrade my pedals to match the cleat? The only reason would be if my wife buys a bike with differ pedals and we could ride each other's bike.

thanks in advance.
Charlie

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
No.

cjohnson said:
Next question. If so, should I upgrade my pedals to match the cleat? The only reason would be if my wife buys a bike with differ pedals and we could ride each other's bike.

thanks in advance.
Charlie
Let's see, should you spend $100+ to get a pedal that matches the wrong cleat you bought or $15 to get the correct cleat.

Tough call.

·
ready for retirement
68 Posts
need Delta cleat

Charlie,

You need the Delta cleat for your pedals. The Keo cleat is specifically designed to be used with the Keo series of LOOK pedals.

If you think unclipping is too fast now, don't wait until you are in an emergency sprint (dogs!) to find out how dangerous this can be. Get the right cleats for your pedals asap.

stratoshark

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
One further consideration - are these the special Bianchi celeste pedals? If they are, they use yet another Look cleat. I have a pair of 2-3 year old Bianchi OEM Looks in celeste and while the Look Delta cleat will work, it doesn't work particularly well. It often hangs up on exit which can be sort of a bad thing. Something you'll realize just before you hit your head on the pavement, cracking you Giro Pneumo in two places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts