Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run campy. My old CX bike has a Ritchey compact with a 50 36 front and 13/26 cassette with a centaur short cage RD and Ergopower. I've had no issues with the shifting. It actually shifts better than the POS Record group that I have on my Cannondale.
My new CX bike will be a Zank and will have Centaur compact with 48/34 rings and the same 13/26 cassette in the back. I bought a short cage centaur RD but I keep hearing that I'll need a med. cage. I remember that with a centaur Short cage RD you were supposed to be able to run up to a 28 tooth cassette. Is a medium cage really best? I'm so confused..

Many thanks,

Vanilla Gorilla

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
P.S. We want pics of that Zank when it's done!!! It's a shame that he won't be making them for a while after this year, guess it will give me some time to save up some money for when he gets back to it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DRLski said:
P.S. We want pics of that Zank when it's done!!! It's a shame that he won't be making them for a while after this year, guess it will give me some time to save up some money for when he gets back to it.
Deal...It will be in the Cross forum page. Zank want to be a Doctor!!! What a humanitarian..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.