Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I got the Alx 220 rims and Vittoria Action HSD tyres on my brand new Felt F60 full ultegra bike. My plan is to ride the hell out of this bike, and get to a level that would allow me to ride with a club. The lbs owner mentioned those were better than the Shimano 550s. For my purposes, should I be happy with those wheels, or do you think i should opt for something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ride them as long as you can and do some research (and save some cash). I have the same set up you have and started having problems with my spokes on the rear wheel at 400 miles. I've never been stranded on a ride, but I can't keep it true. I'm a clyde but not too hard on equipment.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
parrotheadnw said:
Ride them as long as you can and do some research (and save some cash). I have the same set up you have and started having problems with my spokes on the rear wheel at 400 miles. I've never been stranded on a ride, but I can't keep it true. I'm a clyde but not too hard on equipment.
It is likely that the rear was undertensioned... this is common with cheap machine built wheels. Stress relieving and increasing the tension a little would solve this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts