Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look's classic squeak has been enough to make me not ride their pedals for several years. The KEO looks much different than previous models. (And not just the neat-o cleat, which made no difference for the delta-style pedals.)

Can anyone comment on how their KEOs have held up over a year or so of use? Most of all, are they quiet? Thanks - S.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
SDizzle said:
Look's classic squeak has been enough to make me not ride their pedals for several years. The KEO looks much different than previous models. (And not just the neat-o cleat, which made no difference for the delta-style pedals.)

Can anyone comment on how their KEOs have held up over a year or so of use? Most of all, are they quiet? Thanks - S.
I've never had the squeak and I've got a decent amount of miles on a couple of sets.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
SDizzle said:

I have 2K miles or so on mine...no problem. I own 4 other pairs of older Look pedals and they all have squeaked at one time or another.

I thought it interesting how much work they put into the Delta Cleat. The areas they added Teflon were never the source of the squeak in my experience. FOr me, it's the bottom of the cleat where the small rubber insert is. That rubs on the main face of the pedal and squeaks. Just about any form of lubrication on this point eliminates the squeak, at least for a while.

·
Banned
608 Posts
About 10K on mine. No squeaks.

wasfast said:
FOr me, it's the bottom of the cleat where the small rubber insert is. That rubs on the main face of the pedal and squeaks. Just about any form of lubrication on this point eliminates the squeak, at least for a while.
I always wished they would have sold replacements for those rubber bumpers. When those wore down and became flush with cleat they seemed to be the source of squeaks for my old Looks until the front section would get very worn and then the front would squeak too.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. Thanks. I just ordered a set for a whopping $107. If I don't like them, I can make money on them on eBay and buy some Time RXSs or some more Speedplay X2s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts