Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of these people are the same and are gonna rip you off. I luckily did not send Brad Ray any money cause I saw another post on here saying that Kevin Walker was a fraud. He lives in Chicago and will steal picutres and components of another ad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the warning. You confirmed my suspicion. He was "selling" a Santa Cruz Blur for a cheap price, and did not want to meet me and get paid cash. This was on the MTBR.com classified site.

BEWARE. :mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kevin walker/Andrew Roenstein

Hi Guy's I reside in Singapore and was about to make payment for a Santa Cruz which was posted on MTB Classified under the above name. The reason why i almost remitted the money was because of the below mail:-

"This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service® at the request of
Andrew Robenstein.

A package sended with United States Postal Service® containing the following
information is scheduled to be shipped on 02/24/2006.

Content: Bike - Santa Cruz Blur

Insured Value Amount: $1300.00

Status of inspection: Complete

Shipping: $68.56

Andrew Robenstein

840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613
United States

Type of Service: Global Express Mail®

Tracking Number: Pending*

*Note: You will receive the Tracking Number after the seller confirms and the parcel will
be in transit. Please contact the shipper for more details.

"Go ahead and find a nearest Western Union agent or visit www.westernunion.com for
online transfer details and send the money to this address:

Andrew Robenstein
840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613

After submitting the payment, please email me the transfer details.
The details must contain full sender info:

1)Sender's name and address on file with Western Union
2) Receiver's name and address on file with Western Union:
3) 10 digit MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number):
4) Amount sent:

As soon as I will receive the payment details I will check on-line if the money are
available, after you will receive the tracking number from USPS."

Do you think it is the same guy as i do not want to wrongly accuse anyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds similar. I was told to wire the money after I recieved confiration the package was shipped. I never replied. If you were a seller would you send a $1200 bike out before you recieved payment?

I'm now searching for a bike at Craigslist.com. At least that way I can look at the bike locally and pay cash.

QUOTE=dean111]Hi Guy's I reside in Singapore and was about to make payment for a Santa Cruz which was posted on MTB Classified under the above name. The reason why i almost remitted the money was because of the below mail:-

"This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service® at the request of
Andrew Robenstein.

Andrew Robenstein

840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613
United States

*Note: You will receive the Tracking Number after the seller confirms and the parcel will

"Go ahead and find a nearest Western Union agent or visit www.westernunion.com for

Andrew Robenstein
840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613

4) Amount sent:

As soon as I will receive the payment details I will check on-line if the money are

Do you think it is the same guy as i do not want to wrongly accuse anyone[/QUOTE]

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
It may or may not be the same guy, but it's certainly a scam.

BTW, there ain't no way in hell you're gonna ship a bike from chicago to Singapore for $68.56. Try a minimum of $200 for surface freight (6-8 weeks delivery time).

secondly, USPS doesn't contact people. Also, the people at USPS know how to use correct english grammar......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was a bit too shortsighted, if a deal is too good to be true it usually is thanks for pointing the freight charges to me. Probably this would be my first and last time trying to make a purchase from the net.

Kind regards
Lionel

Dave_Stohler said:
It may or may not be the same guy, but it's certainly a scam.

BTW, there ain't no way in hell you're gonna ship a bike from chicago to Singapore for $68.56. Try a minimum of $200 for surface freight (6-8 weeks delivery time).

secondly, USPS doesn't contact people. Also, the people at USPS know how to use correct english grammar......

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
dean111 said:
Andrew Robenstein.
And just why would the United States Postal Service be doing such a thing?

A package sended
The correct wording would be "was sent", and trust me, the USPS would know how to speak English...

with United States Postal Service® containing the following
If it hasn't been shipped, why would the USPS even be sending this notice??

Andrew Robenstein

840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613
United States

Once again, how would the USPS have any idea of what was being shipped, and why on earth would they be telling you, before it shipped??

Also, Global Express on a package this size to Singapore will cost you probaly $400.

Pay before you get it? Riiiiight....

Andrew Robenstein
840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613

4) Amount sent:

Once Western Union is mentioned, you can bet dollar to donuts that it's a scam. Once you send $$ by WU, it's gone, gone, gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brad Ray is a crook

Just had $1600 successfully taken from me by Brad Ray/ Andrew Robenstein. WATCH OUT EVERYONE!!!! I really should have known better. He used all the standard emails listed above.....USPS email confirmation (fake)....Western Union money pickup, etc.
I have reported all the necessary authorities, but what a pain!!!!!!! And NO BIKE!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Andrew Robenstein is the same scammer trying to sell the Serotta Legend in an earlier thread. Same address too. I asked him for a serial number off the Serotta and he gave me a bogus number.

dean111 said:
Hi Guy's I reside in Singapore and was about to make payment for a Santa Cruz which was posted on MTB Classified under the above name. The reason why i almost remitted the money was because of the below mail:-

Andrew Robenstein.

Andrew Robenstein

840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613
United States

Andrew Robenstein
840 W. Montrose Ave#,
Chicago IL 60613

4) Amount sent:

Do you think it is the same guy as i do not want to wrongly accuse anyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well everyone I just joined the site so that I could receive some advice. I have to confess that I am one of the idiots that got scammed for a stumpjumper. Yeah thats right, lost $1000. No bike being sent my way and of course no response from Ray Brad. I just thought anyone might have any ideas of what I can do about it at this point. Thanks, and I just wish I knew this forum existed before I shipped out the money.
Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Roben A David

This perosn is scamming with a stumpjumper. Same exact pics as Brad Ray.I got screwed by bBrad so I wanted to let everyone know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts