Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reminiscing back to my college days, and felt the rage and anger when I realized my mountain bike was swiped from the library in broad daylight. I used a kryptonite lock, shifted to biggest gear, unhooked the brakes to slow whoever rained on my parade.
Later that week, I coulda sworn I saw some punk riding it around.
Wouldn't lowjack be a great thing for the unfortunate experience of having your pride n' joy stolen?
is there such a device?

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
The technology is certainly there. all you'd need was a GPS sensor inside the bars or one of the tubes....

Funny I was thinking about something similar this weekend...I rarely tell my wife my route when I head out on weekends(I don't usually have a planned route)...I was thinking about some sort of GSP device that would allow her to log on and check where I am and that I'm still moving:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
don't think so--the device that they use in autos can be

Wouldn't lowjack be a great thing for the unfortunate experience of having your pride n' joy stolen?
is there such a device?[/QUOTE]

used in a towed trailer as long as it has 12 volt power supply. I looked into this to protect a travel trailer and it would work as long as the battery in the trailer was charged up. Would be pretty decent to have some fool steal your bike, and have the police locate him on the street though with the lowjack (we call in boomerang in Canada, same thing)

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
iPhone

Dave Hickey said:
Funny I was thinking about something similar this weekend...I rarely tell my wife my route when I head out on weekends(I don't usually have a planned route)...I was thinking about some sort of GSP device that would allow her to log on and check where I am and that I'm still moving:)
The second gen Apple iPhone can do exactly this, assuming that you have cell phone coverage.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
The technology is certainly there. I'll you'd need was a GPS sensor inside the bars or one of the tubes....

http://www.findmespot.com/ExperiencingSPOT/ShareYourAdventure.aspx

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
ColoradoVeloDude said:
This is low-tech, but put a business card down inside the seat tube. If the bike ever goes in for service, the mech will probably see the card. Especially since you wrote PLEASE CALL ME IF YOU FIND THIS CARD on it. . . .
better spot: in your handlebars
how often is a seat post totally removed? Seldom
but that bar tape is replaced a bit more frequently.

also a handy place to keep a copy of your racing liscense incase you space that one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.