Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
My stable of mountain bikes include, and have included...
2008 Trek Fuel Ex 8 - I try to ride this one regularly - it is a good time
1999 Schwinn Homegrown - This was my primary ride that migrated into a city beater... first "real" mountian bike. It is a shame that I took such poor care of it.
I've also had a 2003 Giant NRS1 which was a quick bike which won me many middle of the road sport mtb races- but I decided I wanted to ride longer distances (12/24 hour solo... which never materialized) and migrated to the fuel above. This bike replaced a custom build on a 2001 Homegrown Factory frame (17"). Really nice frame, but it never had the ride quality of the 1999 frame (15") which I still own, but don't ride really because the fuel is just too much fun.

· trying to HTFU...
1,910 Posts
'05 yeti kokopelli, xt, bontrager, easton monkey lite sl, non-disk

i usually end up using it to chase down our escaping dog, although
i'd prefer to ride it for riding's sake, rather than as a vehicle for quadruped capture.

· Registered
182 Posts
two mountain bikes

Started out mountain biking and got a road bike for fitness( falling in love more and more with the road)

04 Yeti ASR-SL
03 Specialized hardrock sport

03 bianchi campione

· Registered
797 Posts
I have both.
While I ride the roadie more, I actualy prefer taking the MTB out into the woods, and kik
'n htat pig arround.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Own: Yes
Ride: Well....not in the last two years.
I used to ride it in the winter on the Illinois Prairie Path (crushed limestone) in a big group hammer fest after dark, but now spend all my time on the trainer in that time of year.
It's an 8 speed Specialized Stumpjumper with a mix of XT and XTR stuff hanging on it. Judy fork.
It was a fun ride. After everybody got rolling along we'd spend lots of time in the 42x12 and 11. I used to have over 50 watts of lights on my lightbar.

The good 'ol days.

· Registered
9 Posts
+1 on that. I have gotten more fit riding my new road bike than I ever could have on my mtb (which I also love)

lnchrdawg said:
Started out mountain biking and got a road bike for fitness( falling in love more and more with the road)

04 Yeti ASR-SL
03 Specialized hardrock sport

03 bianchi campione

· Registered
8,252 Posts
I've got a little bit of everything (check my signature)

2 road bikes
1 MTB
1 Cross bike

I actually started riding bikes as an adult on a MTB and raced them for a while, doing fairly well. Then I dropped out of riding all together for a while and picked it back up with road riding and now road racing and for the first time cyclocross racing in the fall.

· Registered
28 Posts
Hardtail - 07 Specialized RockHopper Comp Disc
Full Suspension - 07 Felt Virtue Two

I try and get as much trail riding in as possible. My full suspension bike is my full-time trail riding bike now whereas my hardtail's been relegated to riding around down to the beach with the wife. I love trail riding at night.

I use my road bike for the occasional commute to work and some training or self-imposed century rides on the weekends.

· Registered
650 Posts
yep Ellsworth Truth i have a few bikes, & i need a Cyclocross bike, and a commuter to fill my stable. Ride it a few times a fortnight. Its great fun.

· Registered
766 Posts
I have a Merlin Obed I've had for years...

Some years it gets ridden more than others, this year I'm riding it quite a bit and really enjoying it... the good thing about mt. biking, yes the trees and rocks can smack you, but a car can't!

And Surprisingly for the Dallas area we have a few good trials.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.