Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Never had it!

Love Ale so thanx for the tip.

Today was my first ride since my Mom passed and it was a 75 degree, painful but welcome day.

Tonight, it's cool room temp Harp and Takillya de-what's left and the company of my trusted friend, Buddy!

"Full Metal Jacket" as the flic.

Tomorrow... Buddy and I are goin for a **** Hound walk/run/chase of at leat 15k and put the tag along onto the bike so he can ride to. A bike ridin **** Hound is gonna be really kool.

Will search for Dogfish at the local market tomorrow...

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
can't go wrong with IPA's(my favorite type of beer). I like dogfish, indica, alesmith, lagunitas, stone ruinator, all of them (except for the ones made in cold spring minnesota ;) . Doubles are tasty too but can't drink them as often. My favorite double I had was my brothers homebrew, then marin brewing co just north of san fran. Never had the 120 minute. Its really $$. I'm not a fan of fruit beers but I had the following the other week and would strongly recommend it. Very tasty. Its mostly found in wisconsin though.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Friction_Shifter said:
can't go wrong with IPA's(my favorite type of beer). I like dogfish, indica, alesmith, lagunitas, stone ruinator, all of them (except for the ones made in cold spring minnesota ;) . Doubles are tasty too but can't drink them as often. My favorite double I had was my brothers homebrew, then marin brewing co just north of san fran. Never had the 120 minute. Its really $$. I'm not a fan of fruit beers but I had the following the other week and would strongly recommend it. Very tasty. Its mostly found in wisconsin though.
Avery's The Beast is a good one to try as well--super high alc, but still tasty. You only need one bomber. Really strange buzz from it. Will have to check out the fruit beer. It's like Beer Nirvana here in Boulder. So many good beers to drink. So little time.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Avery's anything is awesome. My fave local pub here had their barleywine last year and is not getting it this year. I am so bummed.

Whats that chocolate beer from colorado with the picture of the chic on the bottle(and it has her name in the title)? Thats been bugging me for a while...

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
90 Minute IPA is really good. 120 MIPA is a bit over the top. However, for a 20% beer it manages to retain IPA characteristics very well. Unfortunately, I'm drinking a mediocre IPA from Full Sail right now. I saw it at Trader Joe's and decided to give it a try. I should have passed. Who put water in my IPA?

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I haven't had too good luck with beer from TJ's (fat weasel, etc). As I'm sure you are aware stay away from anything brewed in Cold Spring Minnesota(of which TJ's has a lot).

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
I have a 120 Minute chillin' in the fridge, along with an Aprihop and Raisin d' Etre, among others. I haven't tried the 120 yet, it frightens me somewhat.

For the bike work this afternoon I think I'll go with my 650 mL Rogue Festive Ale.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Avery's The Beast is a good one to try as well--super high alc, but still tasty. You only need one bomber.
I dunno...the first Beast I had was the 18.1% version, and I enjoyed it. But the second was a 15.7% and it was just terrible...it tasted like soy sauce and literally made me sick. First time in my life I've thrown up from alcohol, and it was all I'd had to drink. I gave my other one away.

·
lo and behold!
144 Posts
SpeakEasy Big Daddy and for the hearty Double Daddy!
Stone Ruination
Bear Rupublic's Racer 5
Lagunitas Brewing Maximus
Anderson Valley IPA
Mendocino Brewing White Hawk
the list goes on...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts