Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll post this to make up for that monstrosity from the 80s... an awesome acoustic version of Under the Milky Way by The Church:

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
I like some rap but not all of it.. Most of the current stuff is just rehashed junk from a few years ago.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
If it's not a blatant rip-off of other people's work, then I can appreciate it. Otherwise, no.

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Wait. You ask if we like rap and post that?

Here's one: [Only to be listened to at maximum volume]

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
jeebus said:
I'll post this to make up for that monstrosity from the 80s... an awesome acoustic version of Under the Milky Way by The Church:
Wait, acoustic version of a fairly-acoustic song to begin with? Rap, no, not me - but video #1 was not what I was expecting...

·
Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
4,614 Posts
Take 'em back to '86

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
No, I don't like rap.

·
.:epoh:.
11 Posts
unclefuzzy_ss said:
A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, De La Soul, and the like, oh most definitely.
+1, THAT is music! :thumbsup:

·
Cheese is my copilot
3,876 Posts
unclefuzzy_ss said:
Don't really like rap. Change that to Hip Hop, and things change. I LIKE hip hop.
Is there a difference between the two? Serious question, although neither appeals to me. I always took rap to be overtly political while hiphop is the watered down pop version. But lately the words seem to be used interchangeably.

To summarize: rap sucks. ;)

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Rap music from 1979:

We have a winner!

For me I think it all ended after 'Wrath of Kane'.

Before that there was Jimi and Lightning Rod. I used to play this a lot.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
wooglin said:
Is there a difference between the two? Serious question, although neither appeals to me. I always took rap to be overtly political while hiphop is the watered down pop version. But lately the words seem to be used interchangeably.

To summarize: rap sucks. ;)
Rap is music, hip hop is a lifestyle. The accepted definition of hip hop is a lifestyle involving/embracing MCing, DJing, Breakdancing, and Graffiti writing.

Yes- I like rap music. Like any genre, some is great, some is horrible, and most is somewhere in the middle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts