Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these guys are long gone and some shoegazing dutchmen have stolen their name
my buddy helped sign these guys to their US label. Saw them play live twice, really REALLY good show and really nice guys. Lead vocalist John Hogg has one of the best rock voices that I'd heard in years. Was so lovely to hear a band where they could sing and play, well.
Anyhow, been listening to them again of late and thought I'd share

they put out 2 records in the US both are really good. sorry they are gone, not enough bands out there just playing rock anymore

·
What the Hell is going on
5,148 Posts
Not Rock n Roll

Sorry, that sounds more like 70's progressive-type rock n roll. I thought you meant more teenage agnst/rebellion type stuff like Chuck Berry.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I like it, much, much better than the matchingly clad wankers with extremely bad hairdos that make, at best, mediocre music under the same name.

Any pointers to where I might be able to download some of their music?

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Very nice. I like the voice, too. He's no Jeff Buckley, but he sings within his means.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Band was called

rogger said:
I like it, much, much better than the matchingly clad wankers with extremely bad hairdos that make, at best, mediocre music under the same name.

Any pointers to where I might be able to download some of their music?

Moke, they were on Ultimatum Records, I think you can still find copies of their discs
maybe even downloads.

again there is a newer Moke out of Holland so you have to make sure you don't get them mixed. Jeez, who takes a name of an already existed group?
"Hey I'm gonna form a band. I'll call it the Beatles!"

progressive rock with an acoustic and guy playing slide? and a song talking about 'licking up' ones body with alcohol, cigarettes and drugs? to each their own.

find the track "My Desire" one of the prettiest junkie odes this side of "Waiting for my man"

true he is no Jeff Buckley, Jeff wasn't really rock and roll though. Man that voice will get inside your skull though. Haunting, beautiful, such a tragic loss.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
interesting stuff atp...

but dammit, i can't finish this song b/c now i have to go listen to hallelujah and then heroin (IMHO, the prettiest junky song)

this is a bit off topic...but i don't think i've ever heard a crowd as quiet as they were during this recording...just unbelievable

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Nice find amp. That's a stunning piece of art.

My favorite song of his is Dream Brother.

<br>
<br><b><a href="http://noolmusic.com/videos_2/jeff_buckley_dream_brother_music.php">Jeff Buckley Dream Brother Music</a> via <a href="http://noolmusic.com">Noolmusic.com</a></b><br>

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
sorry, that vid kinda sucks. Here's a better one

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
indeed...he really was/is quite the talent....

frankly, i'm not an aggressive person, but i've been almost pushed to blows when people claim that the shrek version of hallelujah is better than buckley's...i'm all for personal opinions, but on this matter there is no debate...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts