Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Cat 6
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting discussion over Christmas and the topic of naming our bikes came up. So the question stands: Do you name your bikes?

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
My wife does.

She calls all of them " another bike". :D

As in "Did you get another bike". Most I have had for years. Or at least the same color bikes for years.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
I do, actually.

My previous was "Celeste" and my current is "Blanca".
I know a guy who calls his "Faustina".
And we're not even embarrassed about it.

MTBs get no names.

·
Banned
987 Posts

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
I used to gave women's names to my guitars when I was into that.

I never named a bicycle, maybe should I start :) ?

by the way guitar is feminin in all languages I speak ( 6 ) maybe because of its shape.

A bicycle not always.

Una bicicleta ( feminin in ES, IT )
Un Vélo ( masculin in FR )
Das Fahrrad ( neuter in DE )
Das Velo ( neuter in Swiss DE )
A bicycle ( genderless in EN )

so it would be harder to chose a right name

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Wow Mike O, that is an awesome collection of rides - thanks for the pics, I enjoyed looking at them.

regarding naming your bike - LOL, I can't stop laughing. You probably drink diet soda too.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,025 Posts
here we go again.....
First, let me say, my kids are lucky they got names!

That stated, I do not name mine. There is nothing quite like the satisfaction of jumping on a gorgeous Italian, Asian or American vixen and riding her hard and riding her long and walking away without knowing her name!

Reactions: Aindreas

·
Registered
704 Posts
When going up hills I name my bikes names I couldn't repeat on this forum!
I'll go along with this poster!

Oddly enough, the only bike that's ever had a name is my present Bob Jackson (custom built lugged Reynolds 753 OS, from England, for those wondering).

Its referred to as 'Bob'. Seemingly obvious, but for a deeper reason, you'd have to watch Rowan Atkinson's 'Black Adder' comedy series on TV - series 2, I believe. One of the funniest things ever to hit the haunted fishtank, with no good messages or problem solving at all. Okay, apart from the only way to get a dullard servant moving is to hit him a lot... It might be on the likes of 'Netflix' for any Anglophile TV-aholics who've missed it.

A Happy New Year to all

Dereck

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Not as much as label them...

The Seven, The Salsa, The Colnago.

or

The Ti, The Steel, The Aluminum, The Old Bike.

or

The Bike, My Towncar, My Other Bike
Ditto. "My silver bike," "My yellow bike," "My red bike," "My mountain bike," "My 'cross bike." Or by brand, but only for the LeMond and the Trek Portland. I realize they're both Treks, but whatever. The LeMond doesn't actually say "Trek" anywhere.

Some of my friends like naming inanimate objects enough that my bikes that are more familiar to them have received names. "Her Majesty," "Mercedes," "Damien."

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.