Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Do you race your cyclocross bike?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
pretender said:
Contrary to usage. UCI rules, for example, refer to "cyclo-cross race regulations", not "cyclo-cross regulations".
Ironic that you would use the UCI rules to prop up your argument. :rolleyes: I don't suppose they mention any kind of cyclocross that is not racing or regulated.

pretender said:
PBB, just go out and race Keirin if you want to feel special and exclusive.
Pretener, you are special. Satisfied?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
My beef is, I can't get enough. I prefer cross to about any other discipline. But I have kids... so road trips are out and DFW has 1 race weekend, the weekend preceding T-day, which means we're outta town. So I rarely get to actually race cx. It bums me because, as I said, it's my favorite discipline. Compare that to track where they have racing about every Friday and half the Saturdays, and I don't even like it that much. If you have kids, you'll understand.

I'm getting so desperate lately, I've considered showing up to an mtb race on my cross bike Wasn't there a thread about that a while back?

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,380 Posts
I would love to be racing, but the closest cyclocross race is 6000 miles away in either direction. Ok, I have heard of a little grass racing in Japan, but nothing c'mon... nothing really like a cross race.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm in the same situation.

Bugger it, next winter I'm going to see if there is any interest in racing.

Somebody's gotta get the roadies and XC races together.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.