Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if he's there watching? They keep mentioning the VIP's that get taken by helicopter to various places along each route. I wonder if Lance is doing that, or if he maybe stays clear of the place so they don't bring up more accusations of doping.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Jeebus! There is a great stage going on and people are wondering what Armstrong is doing. Pathetic.

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
ajoc_prez said:
I wonder if he's there watching? They keep mentioning the VIP's that get taken by helicopter to various places along each route. I wonder if Lance is doing that, or if he maybe stays clear of the place so they don't bring up more accusations of doping.
Yesterday, Lance rode by my house in San Jose, so I doubt he is at the Tour. They had the big Livestrong ride here, and no, I didn't do it. In the paper this morning, it said he rode the 100 mile route in a little over three hours.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
Jeebus! There is a great stage going on and people are wondering what Armstrong is doing. Pathetic.
Who is Lance dating these days?:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
ajoc_prez said:
He's been officially uninvited since L'Equipe "proved" that he was doped on EPO, plus they hated the lack of suspense during his years of domination, partly explaining the Astana snub this year.

-ilan

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
karatemom said:
He rode 100 miles in 3 hours? That's like, almost a 33 mph average. Someone explain to me how they think he is not/was not doing drugs.
I do believe it was just a tad of sarcasm in his comment.

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
uzziefly said:
I do believe it was just a tad of sarcasm in his comment.
No sarcasm in my comment. Everything I wrote is true.

Armstrong, 36, a survivor of metastatic testicular cancer, rode with an elite pack on the 100-mile course from downtown to Coyote Valley and looping back through the east foothills. His group pedaled triumphantly through the yellow Arc d'Balloons on Almaden Boulevard in just over three hours.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9875330?nclick_check=1

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Why waste time at the Tour? Isn't he shacked up with Miss Penny Lane?

·
(not a real racer)
484 Posts
bauerb said:
I'm pretty sure I saw Lance at the Exxon near my house yesterday. He was buying a Mountain Dew and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. He seemed to be trying to find exact change and was taking forever.
Jebus... Debit cards people keep the damn line moving... Who the hell pays with cash anymore. :mad2: LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.