• I'm feeling lucky dont carry any spares

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I'll wait for a nice rider to come by

Votes: 0 0.0%
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
941 Posts
More seriously, I cannot think of anything more unattractive then a saddle bag on an otherwise nice bike, but that is just me. Am I vain? Maybe but not enough to carry latex gloves..
Er... One obvious thing "more unattractive then a saddle bag on an otherwise nice bike" that immediately comes to mind is a cyclist, who looks like he just pooped a huge load into his jersey's back pockets (yes, on an otherwise nice bike). Although I have to admit that most of the time I find such cyclists hilarious rather than unattractive.

The thickest (and the heaviest) thing that is allowed in the jersey's back pockets is a cell phone. Anything thicker and/or heavier is strictly prohibited. If you need to carry anything else (like spare tube, inflator, etc.) saddle bag is mandatory.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Owen, to paraphrase Carly Simon...

"You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you..." :)

Nothing in a jersey pocket that might need to be surgically removed after a crash. I don't particularly care about the aesthetics of a seat bag. Be safe.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Er... One obvious thing "more unattractive then a saddle bag on an otherwise nice bike" that immediately comes to mind is a cyclist, who looks like he just pooped a huge load into his jersey's back pockets (yes, on an otherwise nice bike). Although I have to admit that most of the time I find such cyclists hilarious rather than unattractive.

The thickest (and the heaviest) thing that is allowed in the jersey's back pockets is a cell phone. Anything thicker and/or heavier is strictly prohibited. If you need to carry anything else (like spare tube, inflator, etc.) saddle bag is mandatory.
haha, must have been 5 threads on this very topic SINCE this old thread died

but you sir are wrong on all counts.

pockets all the way. Now they have invented the Sticky Pod. One bag to rule the all and in the backside bind them Sticky Pod - The Utility Pod for Riders

What I am going to go and buy 7 seat bags and 7 copies of every emergency item I need for each of my bikes? I think not.

always hated bending over digging stuff from seat bags, everything spills out and can hardly fit much in there. tedious threading the loops through the seat rails. I might consider using a tiny 'fuel tank' bag though, liek this one: Topeak TRI BAG With Rain Cover Seat Pack Black Silver Medium | eBay

·
Registered
376 Posts
pockets all the way. Now they have invented the Sticky Pod. One bag to rule the all and in the backside bind them Sticky Pod - The Utility Pod for Riders

What I am going to go and buy 7 seat bags and 7 copies of every emergency item I need for each of my bikes? I think not.
To me, tools in seat bags is a safety issue. As someone else said, don't put anything in your jersey pockets that would have to be surgically removed. There are stories about cyclists crashing their bikes, they land on their back, and some tool punctures them. Or bruises the spleen, kidney, or a rib. Adding injuries upon what would have already occurred from the crash.

And you don't need 7 different seat bags for 7 different bikes. Seat bags take about 30 seconds to switch from one bike to another.

If you want to keep your phone, IDs, and money in some type of wallet in your jersey, that is understandable. But multitools, especially, belong in a seat bag. Pumps belong either in a seat bag or attached to the frame of the bike.

GH

·
Registered
233 Posts

Not my bike, but I have one of these. Perfect for anything you need. Buy a second mount and you can move it from bike to bike. Nothing gets wet. Nothing in pockets. Perfect.

Unless you're a weight weenie..

141 - 148 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.