Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Prius owners out there? Does a road bike (with or without front wheel) fit in the back with the seat down?

Thanks,
Barry

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Mine doesn't; yours might.Why not try it?

A 64cm Atlantis with 50cm bars won't go in unless you take off both wheels, and it takes some fiddling even then. I imagine a smaller bike would go, though. Why not roll the bike into the showroom and tell the dealer that carrying a bike is a high priority for you, so you want to check it. If he says no, you don't want to be dealing with him anyway.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
58CM Trek 1200, 700*25's, 44cm handlebars. Put down the seats and it fits EASY. like, no manipulation, slide it in. with one seat up in the back, it still fits. the big seat up, still fits. though it takes some manipulation. Small seat up, big seat down, we can fit a friggin recumbent in there. (and comfortably, I sat in the back seat for 3 hours on the ride home staring at the crankset)
-estone2

·
iedereen op de fiets
669 Posts
BarryG said:
Any Prius owners out there? Does a road bike (with or without front wheel) fit in the back with the seat down?

Thanks,
Barry
Why don't you just put the Prius in your seat bag?

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Great Question!

I've always wondered but never bothered to post. Sometime soon I'm going to have to part with the Subaru and a Prius is at the top of my list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts