Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks:

A few years back, as part of a charity auction (http://www.gsmworld.com/news/press_2005/press05_03.shtml), I won a big ol' painting of Jan Ullrich (in full T-Mobile mode) signed by the man himself. My wife's never really liked it and is now requesting (demanding?) that I relocate it as she starts remodeling our living room.

Originally, after winning it, I thought about selling it but never got my act together. Anyone think that this is still even a slim possibility after the losses, retirement, and doping scandals? Or, should I just send it to the man himself as a kind reminder of his better years?

Peter

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That would be a sweet gesture if you were able to get a hold of the man and ask if he would like a photo of himself. I, myself would feel pretty flattered that someone who owned it would be willing to give it away if the wife wasn't down with it.

Then again, you might be able to get a new crankset or gruppo (who knows...) by trying to sell it somewhere that could make some cash.

Ask your conscience, not us for what is right for you~~

Also... That link doesn't work over on my end... :(

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'm sure there's a market for that, especially with the strength of the euro relative to the $, but I'd probably hold onto it myself.
The idea of sending it to Jan reminds me of cadel evans, <a href="http://boulderreport.bicycling.com/2008/03/all-idiot-editi.html">a.k.a. "Tubbs"</a>, and his humble abode.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Everyone

Thanks for all the input.

I hadn't thought about the weak state of the dollar. If I'd been on the fence about selling it, that probably clinches things.

In any case, I wanted to send along a picture of it. The realism tells you it was probably created from a photo, but it is a painting and it is big (39" x 39"). I'm not even sure I've got the space in my office to hang it!

Peter

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
velo-blue said:
Hey folks:

A few years back, as part of a charity auction (http://www.gsmworld.com/news/press_2005/press05_03.shtml), I won a big ol' painting of Jan Ullrich (in full T-Mobile mode) signed by the man himself. My wife's never really liked it and is now requesting (demanding?) that I relocate it as she starts remodeling our living room.

Originally, after winning it, I thought about selling it but never got my act together. Anyone think that this is still even a slim possibility after the losses, retirement, and doping scandals? Or, should I just send it to the man himself as a kind reminder of his better years?

Peter
I work for Telekom, parent of T-Mobile. I have seen a print smiler around some of the Bonn offices a while back.

I would certainly be interested if you are looking to get rid of it. :thumbsup:

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
I agree with Mrs. Velo-blue. She must be a very tolerant woman who loves you very much to put up with that in her living room. It has a certain coolness factor, but put it in your mancave, not your living room.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
That is an incredible painting. Put it on Ebay for a $5,000 reserve price. It's a one of a kind painting. Not numbered and signed by Jan himself. If it sells, your wife will love you. Better yet, you can buy yourself a great ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.