Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a used Prince carbon frame and wondering if this would be a false economy if there is a high failure rate on it. Although they can be bought used at a lot less than a new one the outlay is still very high should the frame crack. The money would be down the drain as warranties aren't transferrable in the UK????? I realise anything can fail but does the Prince frame fail more than other high end carbon frames? Thanks in advance for any replies.

· likes shiny bikes
1,109 Posts
I've owned 2 carbon prince fp's in addition to 1 paris fp, several other alloy, steel pinas through out the last decades. My failure rate is 0... YMMV

· Registered
85 Posts
Prince frame failed

I have a 2008 Prince FP and last year the frame cracked on the seam. I was lucky that I bought it from a dealer and got a replacement frame.
If I was to buy another bike today I would get a Specialized or Cervelo, Pinarello is not made in Italy 100%, in fact only painting is done there, the frame is built in Taiwan do the price is not justified. You can get more value for your $ with Specialized or Cervelo.

· Registered
1,234 Posts
i dunno have you looked at the price of cervelo frames lately? they're just as high and made in Taiwan as well.

before my pina i was ready to throw down on the SL3 those are nice bikes i just like my italian mistress

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.