Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone think the CLX 2.0 is the best looking Colnago in the current range?

My brother has just bought a CLX 2.0 with Chorus 11 and Eurus 2 Way Fit wheels and I must say that it is absolutely stunning and the best looking bike I've ever seen. It makes me want to buy a Colnago. I've seen a Pinarello Prince and although very nice it didn't have the same effect on me as the CLX 2.0.

I haven't seen the CX 1 or EPS in the flesh, only pics on the net etc, although I can see that the CLX 2.0 has some beautiful frame tube detailing which isn't present on the CX 1. The EPS has less detailing. Now is it me or is the CLX 2.0 the best looking Colnago or do the CX 1 and EPS look better in the flesh? I appreciate that looks are subjective and all that but if the CX 1 and EPS do look better in the flesh they must be absolutely sensational. So my question is - do the CX 1 and EPS look better than the CLX 2.0 in the flesh? Thanks in advance for any replies.

· Registered
132 Posts
Which color did your brother get?

· Registered
1,449 Posts
Personally, I think the Master is the best looking.
That said, I agree with you. In red only though. That frame is stunning in red. Any other color and I'm mostly meh on them.
I think the CX-1 is nice looking, mostly because that's what I have. I hate the paint on the EPS's, it's tacky. With the exception of the BBox one though.

· Registered
132 Posts
miurasv said:
He has white with red.
I walked into my LBS, saw the CLX 2.0 (white/red), and immediately bought it. I've had more comments about this bike than any other bike I've ever owned.

I still need to get a red or white bottle cage.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jlyle said:
I walked into my LBS, saw the CLX 2.0 (white/red), and immediately bought it. I've had more comments about this bike than any other bike I've ever owned.

Stunning!!!! Seeing the CLX 2.0 has really got me going on Colnagos, especially in that colour.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
jlyle said:

That is because this is the first Colnago you have owned. Try getting another Colnago in a couple of years and see how many more positive comments you get. My Cristallo is 4 years old and I still get positive comments about it. Haven't taken the C50 on any group rides yet, so not really many comments about it yet.

· Registered
117 Posts
Aside from the traditional schemes, I think most of Colnago's current paint jobs (on any frame) look pretty cheap, and in the case of the CLX I think it draws more attention to the thick head & seat tubes, which look a little clunky to me.

I've got no doubt the CLX is probably an amazing bike to ride however.

· Registered
132 Posts
jjmstang said:
Looks like a Pedal Force with a fancy smancy paint job

Not at all!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
one80 said:
Aside from the traditional schemes, I think most of Colnago's current paint jobs (on any frame) look pretty cheap, and in the case of the CLX I think it draws more attention to the thick head & seat tubes, which look a little clunky to me.

I've got no doubt the CLX is probably an amazing bike to ride however.
This must be one of the reasons my brother likes the CLX 2 as he likes thick tubes. His last bike, a 2010 Wilier Izoard, had narrower tubes that weren't as aesthetically pleasing to his eyes. After riding it over the last few days, the longest being today, he says it's a fabulous bike to ride. As well as the Izoard he's had a Cannondale Super Six and Kuota Karma in the last year. The CLX 2.0 is his favourite.

Not having seen an EPS in the flesh how do its tubes look? They look quite narrow to me from the pics I've seen and probably why I think the CLX 2 and CX 1 look better. I'd love to see one in the flesh as I'm hoping that it's one of those things that you have to see to appreciate.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.