Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only been here a short while and based on what I've seen goes on here I wouldn't think that it did. The only reason this crossed my mind was bc I was reading another thread over in General entitled "backing out of deal-- bike sale ethics question" http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=570492 and came across this (the original response is gone but someone had already quoted it).

Sounds to me like there are an abundance of whiny, cry-baby b*tches posting on this topic.
If someone did the same to me, sure I'd be pissed...for about 4 seconds and then I'd start the search for another bike. If the first guy didn't have the money at the time, he really wasn't ready to pull the trigger.
There was no oral contract, no money changed hands and no one died for f*ck sakes. You people from The Lounge really need to get back on your high horses and trot your silly asses back. I suppose everyone that has posted that the OP is a schmuck leads exemplary lives and leaves a minimum carbon footprint...
Shut up already! The OP was right to do what he did. I suspect that given green money in your hands, most you would have done the same thing. Money talks and BS walks, or in this case, Money rides...

this guy thinks loungers are "goody touches and ethically pure". Not saying we're not, but I just found that comment odd.

was this place more raging when it was NCD?

also how do I get the "baking out of deal - bike sales ethics questiong" from above to be a directly clickable link? I've wondered this for a while now.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
only been here a short while and based on what I've seen goes on here I wouldn't think that it did. The only reason this crossed my mind was bc I was reading another thread over in General entitled "backing out of deal-- bike sale ethics question" http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=570492 and came across this (the original response is gone but someone had already quoted it).

Sounds to me like there are an abundance of whiny, cry-baby b*tches posting on this topic.
If someone did the same to me, sure I'd be pissed...for about 4 seconds and then I'd start the search for another bike. If the first guy didn't have the money at the time, he really wasn't ready to pull the trigger.
There was no oral contract, no money changed hands and no one died for f*ck sakes. You people from The Lounge really need to get back on your high horses and trot your silly asses back. I suppose everyone that has posted that the OP is a schmuck leads exemplary lives and leaves a minimum carbon footprint...
Shut up already! The OP was right to do what he did. I suspect that given green money in your hands, most you would have done the same thing. Money talks and BS walks, or in this case, Money rides...

this guy thinks loungers are "goody touches and ethically pure". Not saying we're not, but I just found that comment odd.

was this place more raging when it was NCD?

also how do I get the "baking out of deal - bike sales ethics questiong" from above to be a directly clickable link? I've wondered this for a while now.
I stand by my posts. The guy asked if he thought what he did was right and I said he was morally and legally wrong. The fact that it can't be enforced because it was a small amount of $$ doesn't make what he did legal--it just doesn't allow the dude to pursue this legally. Would some people grab the cash and run? Sure...but the guy asked if what he did was right...I don't think it was.

//you wanna see opinionated and high horse? Visit PO forum.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there weren't even really a lot of regular loungers that posted to that. You, me, Len, mohair., not many more. People can read what I wrote and think what they want. Just like all my posts if they got nothing better to do.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Agree--you want piety and minimal carbon footprints? Goto PO, where all involved live only to the most scrupulous of standards and are ready to tear one another down for their lack of moral character at the drop of an asshat.

·
nothing
120 Posts
Let me get off my horse...

so I can call this guy and idiot. He's prolly mad because he sold something out from under someone, and doesn't like hearing that he was wrong. Back on the ole steed, where I won't call people names.:rolleyes:

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
sn69 said:
Agree--you want piety and minimal carbon footprints? Goto PO, where all involved live only to the most scrupulous of standards and are ready to tear one another down for their lack of moral character at the drop of an asshat.
And that is bad because????

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Don't let that horse poop on Grump's lawn. He's ornry and sh!t since he started listening to Devo again.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Shaddup and go eat sumthin large and unhealthy.

(Me? I just ate half a sleeve of girl scout cookies.)

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I stand by my posts. The guy asked if he thought what he did was right and I said he was morally and legally wrong. The fact that it can't be enforced because it was a small amount of $$ doesn't make what he did legal--it just doesn't allow the dude to pursue this legally. Would some people grab the cash and run? Sure...but the guy asked if what he did was right...I don't think it was.

//you wanna see opinionated and high horse? Visit PO forum.
Same here, if you don't want to know what people think, just don't ask them. I said that what he did was morally wrong, becuase, um, it IS morally wrong.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
half a sleeve? you are JV. :p

I'm going to pick up an 11" stromboli right now.

House Stromboli: Brushed with garlic, olive oil, and spices, then stuffed with cheese, pepperoni, sausage, onion, & cappicola ham. Pizza sauce served on the side for dipping.

I wish I had some GS cookies left for dessert.

·
Opus was just napping
21,653 Posts
sn69 said:
That sounded like a PO slam...was that a PO Slam? If I get a chance to sort through the irony and clever sarcasm and find a put down in there...

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Don't make me go AJS on you. Now, where did I put that foil hat?....

(Actually, I really only wanted to say asshat again. That word makes me smile. Asshat, that is.)

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
WHOA MAMA, that sounds good. Where the sh!t is BigBill?!

He NEEDS to read that.

I intended the half sleeve to be a little pick-me-up B4 an afternoon ride, but the I discovered the feast my dogs had (featured in J's Night Ranger thread). That said, I'm waiting for them to either explode or die...so no ride and a belly full of cookies. I'd rather trade you the remaining cookies for some of the stromboli. POST A PIC!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just picked it up. Comes with a large tub of hot pizza sauce for dipping. Unfortunately I don't have access to a digital camera right now or I would. Time go watch some basketball & see if I can finish this thing.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I think if the poster (the one that doesn't like us Loungers) pulled the crap the OP spoke about and then had the nerve to speak to me in that tone I'd knock his head off. And enjoy doing it. Might be morally wrong, but sure make me feel better. What a jerk.

As for the OP, he's a jerk too. Frickin' people that can't keep their word piss me off to no end.

·
nothing
120 Posts
sn69 said:
Don't let that horse poop on Grump's lawn. He's ornry and sh!t since he started listening to Devo again.
I'd hate to get on Grumpy's bad side, but it sounds like Js is gonna be in jail tonight. We could take my horse and your dogs and raid his yard...:eek:

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Yeaahhh

sn69 said:
Don't make me go AJS on you. Now, where did I put that foil hat?....

(Actually, I really only wanted to say asshat again. That word makes me smile. Asshat, that is.)
AJS lives on in spirit........doesn't J's have the tinfoil hat?....I thought AJS bequeathed it to him. Either that or Steam has it.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
physasst said:
AJS lives on in spirit........doesn't J's have the tinfoil hat?....I thought AJS bequeathed it to him. Either that or Steam has it.
I'm thinking the spirit of AJS is in the possession business as of late. :rolleyes:

/and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

:eek::eek::eek:

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Why...

KenB said:
I'm thinking the spirit of AJS is in the possession business as of late. :rolleyes:

/and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

:eek::eek::eek:

who has AJS possessed as of late, have I missed something???:confused: :confused:

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
thatsmybush said:
That sounded like a PO slam...was that a PO Slam? If I get a chance to sort through the irony and clever sarcasm and find a put down in there...
What are you doing slumming in The Lounge???

More importantly, when are you going to post pics of the Strong?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts