Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Who is Karen? I didn't see her in this thread.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,489 Posts
So you are saying it makes sense to replace a $2500 transmission on a 15yo $5000 car that hasn’t been taken care of because you feel an occasional grind? Or would you just change the fluids if you knew you could drive it for another 15 years. Someone on this thread has delayed maintenance on a vehicle or house, refused a crown their dentist recommends, lives with that rattle when the fridge compressor starts up because it is “good enough” and money is better spent elsewhere. I am simply saying it is OK. You may have consequences later but something like a bicycle drivetrain those consequences aren’t going to be all that great. If it bugs you fix it, if you would rather pay rent or get that crown or buy a new fridge don’t let anyone tell you your bike is “worn the fuck out” and you simply don’t know any better.
You're comparing apples to cheesesteaks.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,152 Posts
Wait, your suppose to change your ATF? I'll be back tomorrow.
As any wise and seasoned mechanic without boat payments will tell you, if your AT has over 100K miles and your ATF has never been changed, don't do it now!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I can see why the three of you have you panties in such a twist and are so intolerant of other opinions. Jump over to the politics forum for some more group think, oh wait, you guys are just as intolerant over there already. The 3 of you can be as pompous as you want thinking people don’t have to make decisions on money, I am simply saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Anyone else that is worried about a little wear, think for yourself and make your own decision.

Bunch of Karen’s on this thread yelling at people who live in the real world.
I've been out this weekend. I do appreciate you resorting to name calling though, it really adds to your accountability. By the way, THIS IS WHAT YELLING LOOKS LIKE ON THE INTERNET.

Anyone else wanting their bike to ride and shift like shit, think for yourself and make your own decision.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts