Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is in regards to a frame I'm selling

"Dear seller,
I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested to purchase your above item for sale.
Kindly give me your asking price also the condition as at now.Will you accept a certified cheque as payment?I have a secretary and colleague of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when we both finally agree on terms.
1.YOUR FULL NAME THAT WILL BE ON THE CHEQUE...
2,YOUR FULL ADDRESS ............
3,YOUR CONTACT PHONE # ..........

As regards shipment, you don't have worry yourself because i have a shipper
who is ready on ground for pick up and shipments.hoping to hear from you
soonest.
Kind regards"

I guess what concerns me is it seems odd that they "have a shipper who is ready on ground for pick up"

also I'm not sure what a certified check is

I guess I'm thinking I could get a fake check (and have no idea) they get the frame and I have no idea who they are.

what do you think, I'd just rather be overly cautious then out some dough...

thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Frame for sale

Friction_Shifter said:

"Dear seller,
I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested to purchase your above item for sale.
Kindly give me your asking price also the condition as at now.Will you accept a certified cheque as payment?I have a secretary and colleague of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when we both finally agree on terms.

soonest.
Kind regards"

I guess what concerns me is it seems odd that they "have a shipper who is ready on ground for pick up"

I guess I'm thinking I could get a fake check (and have no idea) they get the frame and I have no idea who they are.

thanks.

IT'S A SCAM, STAY AWAY FROM THESE REQUESTS

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's fake!

Friction_Shifter said:

"Dear seller,

soonest.
Kind regards"

thanks.

I received one of those emails when I was trying to sell my frame. The buyer went so far as to send me a foreign check (which I took to the bank to have them try and identify authenticity) for an amount $2000 more than what I was asking for. They then wanted me to give the difference to the shipper who was supposed to contact me to arrange a pick up. Anyway to make a long story short, the bank could not tell if it was real or fake since it was a foreign check. They said that the only thing I could do was try and deposit and see what happens. Needless to say I did not do this and after the seller asked me to deposit the check, I never heard from him/her again. They tend to have many typos on the email that they send. Don't trust them!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts