Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am living with two dogs, our family's 12 year old miniature poodle and my daughter's one year old chihuahua. The poodle never has paid any attention to the television. However, the chihuahua will stare at the television if it is on and will react to what is on the screen. For example, a dog just appeared on the screen and the chihuahua stood up and started barking at the screen as if a dog had just appeared in the room.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Maggie loves the Planet Earth series on Discovery Channel. Anytime another largish mammal comes on she runs over to check out the TV. I've never known another animal to pay attention.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Andrea138 said:
My JRT attacks the tv any time there is another animal on it
Do you need to be a "dog person" to understand that acronym?

We only have a pair of cats, who, of course, could care less, when we watch a DVD. Sometimes the sounds interest them.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Argentius said:
Do you need to be a "dog person" to understand that acronym?

We only have a pair of cats, who, of course, could care less, when we watch a DVD. Sometimes the sounds interest them.
Jack Russell Terrier

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Lace watches it sometimes....she likes PBS best

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My two JRTs watch TV quite a bit! It's funny because they tilt their heads as if they understand what's going on. They're kinda creepy. I hope they say good things about me when the JRT command-ship comes out of the sky to pick them up.

Argentius: JRT = jack russell terrier = the awesome.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
jeebus said:
JRT = jack russell terrier = the awesome.
My Pyrenean Sheepdog hates them.
HATES!
One of them must have said something contrary to her at some point.

She doesn't watch but she most certainly listens to the TV.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
The only time ours notices the TV is when there's dog barking sounds coming from it. Then she just cocks her head, gives it a WTF look, and then goes back to sleep.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
The dogs don't really watch, but our parrot (amazon) loves watching TV. Action movies keep his attention for hours, he gets bored with other stuff and wanders off. Car chases and explosions are his favorite. Right after the 'bang' he'll yell, "WOW!!" at the top of his lungs....

edit to add: Woody (the parrot) ain't ALL that bright .... if a doorbell rings on TV, you can bet he's going to respond with "Come IIIIIIInnnn!" -- while the dogs go racing for the door.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
JustTooBig said:
The dogs don't really watch, but our parrot (amazon) loves watching TV. Action movies keep his attention for hours, he gets bored with other stuff and wanders off. Car chases and explosions are his favorite. Right after the 'bang' he'll yell, "WOW!!" at the top of his lungs....
That is sooo cool!

Both the dog and the female cat will watch TV. The kitteh actually watches...even stares sometimes, especially if there're animals on the program. The dog will react to the sound of other dogs, cats, doorbells, and crying babies. The last two boggle my mind- we've never had a doorbell or a baby, and yet he knows exactly what those sounds are, even running to the door when there's a doorbell on TV.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
I've had two that are big fans, both Malamutes. Seeing animals on TV is a big deal, especially a dog show. The boy has a thing about seeing horses too, but he's from NYC originally and probably saw them there.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I used to have a cat who would sit and watch my fish tank for hours, like he was watching a TV show. Occasionally he would paw at the side of the fish tank.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
My parent's mini schnauzers will watch the TV and will run up and stand on two legs looking at it if there is a dog, or you give them the impression that there is a dog. Sawyer only ever notices doorbells. Occasionally he'll be passed out cold and a doorbell on the TV will wake him up. He'll bark with the most hilarious, non tough guy bark, and run to the door. Then he comes back looking confused.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts