Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Thules do. They only have one 'U' shaped bolt at the front and it seems like a poor design. Is there a fork mount rack that has a wider base which fits the Thule crossbars?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Neither the Yakima on my car nor the Thule on my wife's rock. You may have a defective bike mount. Did you buy it local? If so, drive over to the shop and ask them to check it out. If not, see if there is a local Thule dealer than can check it out.

·
Crusty AF
1,215 Posts
I've got the aero bars with peloton trays, and no issues. Anchors for the trays slide into grooves in the bars, and are screwed down from the nose of the tray. Rear end is held down with a bar and thumb knobs which you have to check on occasion. It's been a rock-solid setup.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
My Thules do. They only have one 'U' shaped bolt at the front and it seems like a poor design. Is there a fork mount rack that has a wider base which fits the Thule crossbars?
Nope. And this is with the el cheapo Yakima Copperhead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.