Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Oh my goodness, I love gsps!! What beautiful dogs. :)

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Awesome pictures from both of you.

I'm very excited because we're getting a second dog, probably by the end of the week.
Nobody tell my wife that I'm excited. She thinks I'm ambivalent about it.

A German Shepherd from the Humane Society is coming for a visit tomorrow night, in fact. His picture is on this page (105/F):
http://www.mchumane.org/fosterdogs.html

Hopefully, his personality is as great as we've heard from the lady that has him as a foster dog and we will end up getting him. If not, there is a 5-month old Lab in Baltimore that we're going to visit.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nate said:
Awesome pictures from both of you.

I'm very excited because we're getting a second dog, probably by the end of the week.
Nobody tell my wife that I'm excited. She thinks I'm ambivalent about it.

A German Shepherd from the Humane Society is coming for a visit tomorrow night, in fact. His picture is on this page (105/F):
http://www.mchumane.org/fosterdogs.html

Hopefully, his personality is as great as we've heard from the lady that has him as a foster dog and we will end up getting him. If not, there is a 5-month old Lab in Baltimore that we're going to visit.
both, shepperds and labs, wonderfull breeds.. very different and very smart. german shepperds are quiet, calm and very territorial. mine is too young and i'm still learning about them. i had a retriever, a spaniel and i also happen to know lots of labs.. they are wonderfull.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
colker1 said:
the frenchie is 5mo old, the shepperd is 4..
firstrax would be proud of this one! He doesn't have to do any work...

Great pics! Great dogs! u can tell they're having a blast.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
I had a Shepherd/Beagle mix and a Black Lab as a kid and teenager. The mutt had a tiny Beagle head and German Shepherd body.

We aren't specifically looking for either breed, but both seem like good candidates after talking to the respective foster "parents".

Our current dog is a "hound mix" according to the Humane Society that we adopted her from about a year ago. She is great but could use a playmate. Her personality is no doubt a lot different than a stereotypical Shepherd. She is easily distracted and loves to take off after all small animals like squirrels, rabbits, birds, and of course cats. She also has the treeing instinct and seems to think she has accomplished something when she trees a bird...

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
All good picts! Aren't dogs fantastic? Those two look like they are really having a blast and I love the one with the two sleeping, great stuff. My neighbors rottie always jumps the fence to come and wrestle with my Goldie, it's funny to watch.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
colker1 said:
that's so cool..
how is the pointer character? is he calm?
I have a pointer. They are highly active couch potatoes. They need to be run frequently. If they are exercised regularly, they are pretty calm the rest of the time.

·
my legs hurt
1,012 Posts
dogs rule!

my 70lb shepherd/wheaton/retriever/who knows mutt wrestles all the time with my 33lb standard Schnauzer...its awesome. My grandma just adopted a 14 yr old schnauzer who tries to get in on the action but alwasy ends up getting thrown out...pretty spry for a 14 yr old.

·
Registered
99 Posts
colker1 said:
that's so cool..
how is the pointer character? is he calm?
She is remarkably calm every once in a while...remarkably boisterous the rest of the time. She really likes to be with the humans. She's a bit...ummm...dense compared to my GSD. On the other hand, she was much easier to housebreak.

Overall, she is a nice contrast to 'ole shep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts