Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The opening from the living room to the dining room is 62". We need a gate solution to keep dogs out of the living room and the baby in the living room.

We went to Pet Smart. The longest we could find was 54".

Anyone else have this issue?

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
stretch electric wire across or put a shock collar on baby and dog.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
I got the same thing from the same place. Not cheap, but a very nice product, and with an openable gate so you don't have to step over. Basically left it in the same spot for the first two years of my dog's life...

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JayTee said:
I got the same thing from the same place. Not cheap, but a very nice product, and with an openable gate so you don't have to step over. Basically left it in the same spot for the first two years of my dog's life...
It's the best I have seen so far.

We are thinking about geting the flexi-gate. It covers 6.5' w/out the extension.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
you truly "install" it, which some folks balk at, but if you are going to use a good gate, you'll damage dry wall more than a couple of small screw holes that you can patch and paint. So, I think you are traveling the right path...

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Have you noticed that 99% of the baby gates sold are packaged in a box that have a dog on one side and a baby on the other?

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
plastic lattice is only $20 at Lowes.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
teh moreon said:
tried that...the baby is teething and keeps chewing through it.
You need some Vopo's to scream at her to stop doing that in eastern German accents.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
closets and duct tape.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
funknuggets said:
closets and duct tape.
i hide in the closet and the kid still destroys the house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts