Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things you learn by reading the Youtube comment section...

The saying "the dog's bollocks", meaning something good, originated from a product called K'Nex.

K'nex came in two types of boxes way back when it was first manufactured: the box standard and the box deluxe.

People called the box standard "bog standard", hence the saying. The box deluxe was called the "dog's bollocks".

The names just stuck and most people forgot where they came from

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's English slang (as in over here), another one you can slip in (meaning much the same as the dogs bollocks) is 'the cat's pyjamas' (you can say that if you don't want to swear).

I love the fact that 'bollocks' means something bad, but with the simple prefix 'dog's' it means something very good!

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I have never dreamed about a dog's bollocks.
Yes you have. That's the underlying theme of all your dreams. You just don't recognize it yet. Was it Freud who said you wake up from a dream when you realize you don't want to see what is coming next? Well, what's coming next for you is dog's bollocks.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I have never dreamed about a dog's bollocks.
My dog had them removed. Actually it was my wife that had it done to him; he didn't have any say in the matter.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'll never trust random youtube commenters again!~:cryin:
Hey, at least you didn't quote random yahoo answer people during a debate in PO.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
you can trust eddie izzard...he has covered this topic.

that's a load of bollocks = bad
that's the dog's bollocks = good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.