Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,341 Posts
Stab 'em in the lungs with a screwdriver.
The trouble with this is that bad dogs usually have bad owners. If you hurt their dog, they may very well come out and shoot you.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
The trouble with this is that bad dogs usually have bad owners. If you hurt their dog, they may very well come out and shoot you.
I suspect that this is an over reaction. Sure, they may confront you, maybe threaten you and possibly physically assault you, but your fear of being shot is, I think, an over amplification driven by an anti gun propaganda machine.

Is it possible, yes; is it probable, no.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,341 Posts
I suspect that this is an over reaction. Sure, they may confront you, maybe threaten you and possibly physically assault you, but your fear of being shot is, I think, an over amplification driven by an anti gun propaganda machine.

Is it possible, yes; is it probable, no.
Well to be fair, more likely their owners may try to sue you. Is that remark driven by an anti lawyer prooaganda machine?

And BTW, have YOU ever driven a screwdriver into a dog's lungs, or were you being dramatic?

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Well to be fair, more likely their owners may try to sue you. Is that remark driven by an anti lawyer prooaganda machine?

And BTW, have YOU ever driven a screwdriver into a dog's lungs, or were you being dramatic?
I think that it's driven by something, probably painting with too broad of a brush.

As for the screwdriver, see bvber's response.

·
Super Moderator
40,739 Posts
I think that it's driven by something, probably painting with too broad of a brush.

As for the screwdriver, see bvber's response.
Thank Jeebus you clarified things; I was about to ask "Phillips or slot-head?"

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I think this is what aclinjury was envisioning. Anything else will likely have your arm bitten by the dog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anybody know why it's happening?

It should be funny, but the reality is Dogs hate the "speed" and whenever they see they start barking!

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,341 Posts
Does anybody know why it's happening?

It should be funny, but the reality is Dogs hate the "speed" and whenever they see they start barking!
It's all part of the predator-prey run-chase instinct. The dog is just being a dog. Owners need to know this and control their dogs as in not let them run free.

·
Proud luddite
7,221 Posts
Trying to outsprint a dog can work sometimes but be prepared for that dog to be a world class sprinter. I was once chased by a dog for 2 miles in midtown Tucson, AZ. I started off trying to drop him in a sprint but I'm no Cavendish, and even Cav can't sprint for 2 miles. Damn dog wouldn't give up. I finally lost the dog around Broadway/Swan, I think because he was scared to run across Broadway.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Or better prepared.
That’s priceless! I am going to work up to this… haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts