Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Tour of the Catskills" on 8/6 in looking for co-pilot

I am thinking of doing the "Tour of the Catskills" or the "catskills grand fondo" some call it on 8/6. Its 2hrs North of NYC and I was wondering if any other riders are interested in joining me for this ride and maybe splitting the hotel and gas? I don't mind more than one person.

I am in the Bronx and a drive up is 2 hrs., late on Friday, check in if we get there before 8:00 and then ride in the morning at 10:00. oddly they have a late start time. this would be good for someone in my area or from Manhattan, you can take the #5 up.

Here is a link with the rids details.:)

Tour of the Catskills - granfondo

·
Registered
875 Posts
I've wanted to do that loop for a while. I've done a valley ride (32/32A), then ride up through Palenville to Hunter Mountain (plus a little side ride to North Lake/South Lake campground, up to where the road was unridable due to snow) (damn, that was 11 years ago now!!!), but never the full loop. And $95 doesn't sound that bad.

Unfortunately, after a couple of years of 12+ hour work days, there's no way I'll be in shape for that ride. Maybe next year.

--------------

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww dad! your startin to sound like an old fart.

Well i'm 52 going on 53 and also out of shape despite my weekly rides. Although i have no real expectations on coming in the first 3000 riders I will be trying just to do my best. in fact with my bad knee I am hoping just to finish the 50 miles without blowing it out. if I can finish the 75 and do that "hell hill" I hear about, i'd be thrilled.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day so i will begin to gear up for weekend rides to build up to do a century, comfortably again. why don't you?:)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i've done this event twice. If you get up early you can drive there the day of and return the same day. saves on the hotel cost.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trek: I probably could leave my place by 7:00am and get there in time but I Was looking for a good excuse to get out of the house for a little more adventure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts