Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $500 more I can get the 6.2. Both slightly used. 6.2 has a few minor upgrades but mostly stock on both. Will be used for weekend rides and some tours/t-shirt type rides (not races). Thoughts on going with one over other for price diff? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'd take the 500 and put it in my cycling gear pot and go with the 5.2 myself, but then I have a 5.2 so may be a bias there. I just don't see how the 6.2 would be functionally 500 dollars better. I've spent lots more than 500 on upgrades to the 5.2 but nothing I wouldn't have wanted to do to a 6.2 also. Zipp 101 wheels with power tap, dura ace carbon pedals etc were the 2 bigger ticket items.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kinda how i was thinking. Both look to be in good condition. The price diff is at least 500 and might be as much as 800. Kinda guessing what I can buy the 5.2 for. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just looked at specs for the extra you get wheel upgrade. Slightly better cassette and upgraded carbon. Is it worth the delta ? If its less than 500 probably. Full disclosure I have a 6.9

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.