Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,well here is my story.I have had a Specialized Hardrock for about 10 years and now i would like to go to a road bike.we ride anywhere to 10-30 miles at night in our downtown area,we do have to take siewalks and go off curbs.i feel with a road bike i will want to take rides to other towns with would be at least a 20mile run one way.I would like to keep the bike under $1000,could spend a little more but would perfer not to.i have done lots of research and seems to be the gaint ocr and felt f series are the best bang for the buck.i rode the ocr2 and liked it but it was an 05 model and they wont go down on price.but the ocr2 has tiagra derailer(front) and shifter and also a 105 rear derailer and retails for $850 and the ocr1 has all 105components and runs $1100.the felt 80 has 105 components and carbon seat post and runs $999 but can get it from a dealer 90 miles away for $899.The felt 75 has ultraga and 105 components on it and i can get it for $1269...would this bike be worth the extra money then i want to spend,remember i dont plan to race but when i want to go fast...i want to go and i like to have nice things but i dont whant to pay for something i dont need.Well, i guess im looking for some input on what people that have knowledge on bikes and just what they would do if in my shoes.so if anybody has any other bikes that would be good for me,let me know.one more thing,i test rode a trek pilot 2.1(2005 model) and they are asking $999 for it and seems to have 105 shifters and ultega railers.so please help me on my soon to be new investment.thanks,jay

·
Registered
6 Posts
I rode a Cannondale R1000 Aluminum frame for 1 year and recently bought a Felt F2C full carbon frame. IMO you can't go wrong with Felt. I did quite a bit of research and found that for the money, you get the best components, quite a comfortable ride, and should you choose to do so an easily upgradeable rig. I say go for the Felt F75... you'll enjoy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts