Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A friend persuaded me to sign up for the international distance Tri at Donner lake in July (California). It's been at least 15 years since I last did a Tri so, although I'm quite looking forward to it, I could do with a few pointers if anyone has any hints.

I'd be specifically interested in any event specific advice - i.e. what to wear (is the water cold) - wetsuit/tri-suit/tri shorts/some combination. Is there an altitude factor (thin air) that I need to think about. Also is there any source of this sort of information that I should be aware of. I tried a search on this forum but didn't turn up anything of direct relevance to this event.

Finally, for those of you in the SF bay area, where do you go to get your tri stuff? I'm going to need a few bits and pieces and need to see it before I buy so web purchase is not going to be very useful the first time around.
Thanks in advance,

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.