Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh ok...go for it....

I had a LOT of callous build up on the bottom of my feet that was starting to annoy the living crap out of me. I decided it was time to do something about it. I chucked up a stone wheel in my cordless dremel and got to work. I spent almost an hour grinding off the callouses. I figured I am "pretty good" with a flex shaft, this should be no big deal. Even if I grind all the way through to the meat, it'll heal, not like my work.

I bet I wear a size smaller shoe now. I bet they were close to a 1/4 inch thick in places.

Now my feet are all pink and shiny instead of dirty gray....LOL

Time to put my shoes and socks back on!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
folks, that's how they do pedicures in WI.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Touch0Pink!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey I got a belt sander BUT I figure that to be kinda excessive......

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
36 grit!

Somehow I knew the word "Dremel" was going to come up. The vet gives my dogs pedicures this way. Smells really good too.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
kykr13 said:
36 grit!

Somehow I knew the word "Dremel" was going to come up. The vet gives my dogs pedicures this way. Smells really good too.
that's what i did until my cordless dremel became busticated.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
kykr13 said:
36 grit!

I too figured T0G had "Dremelled" his feet, cause the google adds were alll for cordless dremels.

Nice handi work T0G

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run my dog on the hard packed gravel......works good too....(she bites her nails if they get too long....it is a riot)

my sister and mom use a dremel for their dogs too, you should have seen the bite marks all over my mom's arm when she caught the hair on one of her dogs feet.... (that dog was fricking mean anyhow, just looking for a reason to bite you)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what ad's??? OH.........try Firefox and adblock....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....it turns out I am shorter now.....ok, that backfired on me....

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
That reminded me of two things:
Anthony Hopkins grinding his toenails down for a date in The World's Fastest Indian

and

The old SNL skit when the Reagan's were complaining about all the "old hard, thick, yellow toenails stuck in the carpet" in Jimmy Carter's grandma's room at the Whitehouse.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
There were probably easier ways to adjust that too-low seat.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
what ad's??? OH.........try Firefox and adblock....
my firefox at home still has the banner ads and i think adblock is on. banner ads i don't really mind. pop-ups drive me nuts.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't go NEAR the nails...that would just hurt like helllllll if you screwed up.

And this kids, is why I keep a current tetanus shot.....LOL

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tomk96 said:
my firefox at home still has the banner ads and i think adblock is on. banner ads i don't really mind. pop-ups drive me nuts.
hmmmmmm, double check the settings, none of ours do (6 computers)
I don't mind the banner adds but they do use up bandwidth, and you know......we ARE running out...
(at least until we get the population reduction IMMINENT with a pandemic!)

oooh like the way I worked that in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts