Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who think Ulrich, even after winning yesterday's ITT, can power his fat self up a mountain. :D

A flat stage is alot easier to get your mass moving and keep it moving than having gravity pull you down. :p

He'll be ready for the TdF.. but doesn't have a chance in the Giro moutains. :cool:

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
jan probably rode today as recovery

from yesterdays TT. He's got a nice stage victory, made a statement to Ivan, is unconcerned with GC, why kill himself? My guess is he'll keepriding into form and test himslef next week in the hills a bit.plus try to take the last ITT

·
Banned
608 Posts
atpjunkie said:
fMy guess is he'll keepriding into form and test himslef next week in the hills a bit.plus try to take the last ITT
There is no last ITT anymore. :-( It would have been uphill, too.

Ullrich will be sitting in the grupetto a lot for the next week. He might go for a stage win, but he also might just test himself on some random climb before the final one by following the contenders until he decides to drop back.

·
Administrator
13,146 Posts
I give this thread a "F".

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I'm sure Jan will do a test on one of the mountain stages to see what his fitness level is. He has no reason to go all out on all the hard finishes. He still needs some recovery days to help build his fitness.

The real question is 'Will Basso have enough time to recover from the Giro to be in shape for the Tour'?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.