Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) For all of you out there who enjoy the Double Century road riding experience, the new season is well underway....do you have the right lights for the night time portion of the ride?
I am an avid Jet Lite user who recently has had to face the classic "dead battery" scenario. My burn times were less than 1hour, regardless of charging times. Solution? Well, I could either replace the battery with a new Jet Lite product, which have been upgraded and are very expensive, or find another solution. Found one! Check out Batteryspace.com http://www.batteryspace.comwhen upgrading and replacing any of your lighting systems. Their prices are very competative and offer replacement batteries for virtually any system. I received my replacement 13.2V 4500mAh NiMH Battery Pack in three days and am in heaven! The increase mAh and voltage gave me significantly longer burn times and more consistent light strength. Even the lighting patterns is more crisp! There appears to be no memory issues either. The battery comes with a universal charging cord on the battery and you can either adapt your current lighting system cord to fit, or purchase their charging system (which is also well priced). The replacement even comes with instructions on building a water bottle battery case for easier mounting. I do not think that you can find a better deal with a better quality product.

:( Here is the draw back. My battery contains 11 cells, and the weight might be an issue to you...1000g. While the weight can be an issue on shorter rides (races) and if you are looking to trim every ounce, the longer and brighter burn times make up for it. As far as Double Century rides go, you are on the saddle for 14+ hours and you are probably weighed down with some clothing, food, hydration and emergency gear. Weight starts to lose its meaning. Plus, you almost always have the option of shipping lights ahead to the 130-150 mile rest stop, so you do not have to suffer the 1000 g for that long.

Overall, this site is a great option for those looking for a good deal on lighting and insist on quality.

Happy Riding....Ralph

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
Spam?

:) For all of you out there who enjoy the Double Century road riding experience, the new season is well underway....do you have the right lights for the night time portion of the ride?
I am an avid Jet Lite user who recently has had to face the classic "dead battery" scenario. My burn times were less than 1hour, regardless of charging times. Solution? Well, I could either replace the battery with a new Jet Lite product, which have been upgraded and are very expensive, or find another solution. Found one! Check out Batteryspace.com http://www.batteryspace.comwhen upgrading and replacing any of your lighting systems. Their prices are very competative and offer replacement batteries for virtually any system. I received my replacement 13.2V 4500mAh NiMH Battery Pack in three days and am in heaven! The increase mAh and voltage gave me significantly longer burn times and more consistent light strength. Even the lighting patterns is more crisp! There appears to be no memory issues either. The battery comes with a universal charging cord on the battery and you can either adapt your current lighting system cord to fit, or purchase their charging system (which is also well priced). The replacement even comes with instructions on building a water bottle battery case for easier mounting. I do not think that you can find a better deal with a better quality product.

:( Here is the draw back. My battery contains 11 cells, and the weight might be an issue to you...1000g. While the weight can be an issue on shorter rides (races) and if you are looking to trim every ounce, the longer and brighter burn times make up for it. As far as Double Century rides go, you are on the saddle for 14+ hours and you are probably weighed down with some clothing, food, hydration and emergency gear. Weight starts to lose its meaning. Plus, you almost always have the option of shipping lights ahead to the 130-150 mile rest stop, so you do not have to suffer the 1000 g for that long.

Overall, this site is a great option for those looking for a good deal on lighting and insist on quality.

Happy Riding....Ralph
Just asking, but is anything but pure, unadulterated, high grade SPAM?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa! Drop your shields! I just found a great place to buy a battery at a cheaper rate than the name brand. Thought I'd share the news. I often have a hard time finding information about specific cycling items and events, like about Bicentennial Reunions, or great training products. This website helped me out, so I thought that I'd return the favor. Sometimes it is alright to take things at face value.

Peace.

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
Points of suspicion

Whoa! Drop your shields! I just found a great place to buy a battery at a cheaper rate than the name brand. Thought I'd share the news. I often have a hard time finding information about specific cycling items and events, like about Bicentennial Reunions, or great training products. This website helped me out, so I thought that I'd return the favor. Sometimes it is alright to take things at face value.
Sure, but when the very first post that someone places reads like advertisement copy, it tends to make you suspicious. Just saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.